Natalie is an Associate in Mishcon Private specialising in tax and wealth planning. She advises UK and international high-net worth individuals on all aspects of personal as well as business taxation. Natalie's practice is unique in that she specialises in both personal and corporate tax. She regularly advises clients on all of their assets, including those owned directly, through trusts or offshore company structures.
Natalie's experience includes structuring the tax efficient holding and disposal of artwork; structuring the acquisition; ownership and disposal of shares and real estate; the interpretation of double taxation treaties; remittance basis planning; and VAT group reorganisations. Her client base is predominantly high and ultra-high net worth individuals with assets in multiple jurisdictions, however she also advises a number of international, UK, European and Asian based businesses as well as US based multinationals.
- Advising non-UK resident individuals from the US, Middle East, China, and the CIS on the statutory residence test and remittance basis planning steps to take before moving to the UK. This work includes advising on the tax benefits of establishing offshore trust structures and segregating clean capital.
- Advising members of a high profile Middle Eastern family on employment tax matters relating to household staff.
- Advising European resident entrepreneurs on the tax efficient purchase of high value artwork, exhibited at the Gagosian Gallery in New York, using the Delaware and Zurich Freeports.
- Advising on the corporate restructuring of a US headquartered "payday loan" company to expand its UK business, the financing of which totalled GBP 50 million, particularly relating to VAT issues.
- Advising on the corporate tax benefits of "inverting" into the UK for a multinational US based technology company, and the attractions of the UK as a holding company jurisdiction.
- Advising and co-ordinating the tax due diligence for the acquisition of high value residential real estate in Mayfair, London by highly successful Italian based entrepreneurs, using Jersey holding companies.
Associate Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate Solicitor, White & Case LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Baker & McKenzie LLP
LLB Law - London School of Economics and Political Sciences