Our dedicated Betting & Gaming lawyers are recognised experts within the gambling sector. We have significant experience advising operators on licence applications, licensing issues and compliance with gambling regulations in the gambling sector. This regulatory expertise allows us to provide our clients with an unparalleled perspective and deliver advice that is tailored to their gambling businesses.
Our lawyers are drawn from across the firm and advise on matters including M&A, regulatory and compliance, AML, cyber security, data protection, trade mark and brand protection, sponsorship, affiliate marketing, sports law, dispute resolution, IP and reputation management. In addition, we advise on commercial transactions - from standard B2B agreements to acquisitions and IPOs - covering new developments in eSports, crypto-currencies and social gaming, alongside gaming, sportsbook, bingo, poker, casino, slots, lotteries and prize draws. We offer clients a genuine 'one-stop-shop', providing practical and commercial solutions in the most complex situations.
At our core is a team that specialises in corporate transactions and commercial arrangements, a team known for successfully navigating the most complex of matters. The rising levels of regulatory compliance, increased taxation and resultant margin erosion have made consolidation an increasingly attractive option. Our years of experience providing complex M&A, structuring and regulatory advice allow us to guide clients through all phases of their growth cycle.
Our clients include many of the largest operators, performance marketing and affiliate businesses, governments, regulatory bodies, technology start-ups, games and software developers, B2B businesses, investors and financial institutions. We have a comprehensive understanding of the gaming and gambling worlds. Our focus is on protecting our clients against potential regulatory and commercial pitfalls whilst maximising their opportunities through proactive and incisive commercial advice.
- Regulatory & Compliance
- M&A and Corporate Finance
- Cyber Security & Data Protection
- Dispute Resolution
- Tax & Structuring
- IP & Brand Management
- Commercial Contracts
- Competition Law
- Sports Law
- Advertising & Affiliate Marketing
- Financial Services
- Advising Catena Operations Limited on the acquisition of the business and assets of Caledonian Publishing Limited including the award-winning sports affiliate site, Bettingpro.com.
- Advising Catena Operations Limited on its acquisition of the business and assets of Online Media (UK) Limited.
- Advising Hydra Industries Acquisition Corp. on its £200m acquisition of Inspired Gaming Group.
- Advising HM Government of Gibraltar as an interested party in relation to the two judicial review challenges brought by the GBGA against the UK's new licensing regime and point of consumption tax regime.
- Providing regulatory and licensing advice to clients such as Continent 8 Technologies plc and 188bet.com.
- Advising DraftKings on its UK and international operations.
- Providing co-ordinated regulatory and commercial advice to Gaming Innovation Group and to various other clients, assessing their strategy across multiple jurisdictions including Great Britain, Malta, Isle of Man, Scandinavia and Gibraltar.
- Advising Jackpotjoy Plc (previously The Intertain Group Limited) on its acquisition of the Jackpotjoy brands for an initial payment of £425.8 million and its ongoing business partnership with Gamesys Limited.
- Advising Bet365 on a range of issues concerned with the protection, enforcement and exploitation of its various intellectual property rights.
- Advising Ladbrokes on protection and enforcement of its intellectual property rights.
- Acting for a leading Premier League football club on the full range of its sponsorship agreements including in relation to betting and gaming partnerships.
- Advising on sponsorship arrangements relating to Euro 2012, World Cup 2014 and The Confederations Cup 2013, football club sponsorship and PGA Events.
- Acting for William Hill on its £50m PremPredictor game, including advice on a bespoke programme of Prize Indemnity Insurance.
- Advising certain shareholders of Stride Gaming plc on the admission to trading of its shares on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising Kwiff on the launch of its innovative app and B2B arrangements.