Our Construction Group acts for a variety of clients ranging from high net worth private clients to major developers, property investors, banks and occupiers through to contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. Our work involves complex, high-profile developments with a particular specialism acting for specialist high-end developers.
Our team includes members with a practical background gained in the industry and experience from involvement in some of the leading decisions in the field of construction law over the last 25 years. This practical insight, combined with our experience of working with entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals and institutional clients, means that our approach is commercial and focused on getting the best outcome for our clients, whatever their construction needs.
Our dedicated team of construction lawyers are equipped to deal with our clients' non-contentious and contentious construction law requirements and work with our property, finance, planning and corporate teams to provide a complete service encompassing contentious and non-contentious construction expertise.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, arbitration and adjudication;
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Advising Delancey and Qatari Diar (QDD) on the multi-million pound development of the East Village, the former Olympic Village in Stratford. The development will deliver 2,000 PRS homes, as well as retail and leisure facilities, public squares and open space across six plots.
- Advising Consolidated Developments Limited on St Giles Circus, a substantial 185,000 sq ft mixed-use development above the new Crossrail station at Tottenham Court Road, forming part of the wider £1 billion Tottenham Court Road regeneration project.
- Acting for Commercial Estates Group in relation to a major new office development in Bristol. The 200,000 sq ft building, known as Aspire, will be one the largest single office developments undertaken in Bristol.
- Advising Arbor Group/City Hotel (London) Limited on the major refurbishment of two independent London hotels, The Arbor Hyde Park Hotel and City Hotel. The building contracts included complex sequencing provisions which allowed the hotels to remain operating throughout the works.
- Acting for Mears Limited in their dispute in the Technology & Construction Court with Family Mosaic Housing in connection with a Term partnering Agreement for rapid response repairs.
- Acting for Estura Limited against Galliford Try Limited in successfully obtaining a stay of execution on an adjudicator's award.