Our Residential Property Group is one of the largest dedicated residential property practices in London and specialises in prime UK residential property transactions both in London and the surrounding areas.
Our clients include private individuals, banks, corporates and on and offshore investment funds. We work with them to find commercial solutions and make the most of our connections with other important players in residential property such as agents, estates and developers. Regularly our work involves tight deadlines and, accordingly, we are highly responsive, ensuring our clients’ objectives are achieved.
Understanding your brief is key: each situation is different and each of our clients has a different set of priorities. Our close working relationship with our colleagues in Planning, Construction, Dispute Resolution, Immigration and Tax means that we do not merely present a list of options, we decisively recommend the best course of action based on all the information available to us.
Our results speak for themselves: we are a growing practice with a lot of repeat business and clients who are happy to refer friends and colleagues for our services.
- Sales and purchases;
- Landlord and tenant;
- Leasehold enfranchisement;
- Lease extensions;
- Mortgages and refinancing;
- New-build purchases;
- Development structuring;
- Acquisition structuring for development sites;
- Off plan development sales;
- Tenancy agreements.
Our multi-disciplinary team of experts allows us to understand the needs of our clients, many of whom are based offshore. We have particular expertise in creating legal structures for the onward sale of residential units following the development of a site. Our experience includes the restructuring of developments and the development of plots as well as the subsequent sale of the development. We also deal with the sales and purchases of high value residential properties, new leases and lease extensions.
Some examples of recent experience include:
- Acting for Chelsfield Partners and The Ilchester Estate on the redevelopment of a 3.5 acre landmark site housing the former Commonwealth Institute in Holland Park, west London. The scheme, known as Hollandgreen, includes three high-end residential buildings comprising around 60 apartments as part of a principally residential mixed use scheme. Separately we have acted on the acquisition of 205 Holland Park Avenue and its subsequent sale for residential development.
- Advising Capital and Counties Properties PLC (Capco) on strategic issues relating to its £8 billion redevelopment of Earls Court in west London – one of the capital's largest ever development projects. The masterplan aims to transform the area into four new urban villages (including 7,500 new homes) and a 21st century high street over a vast 77 acre site. We have fended off two attempts by local residents to obtain a judicial review challenging the proposed redevelopment.
- Acting for QDD, the joint venture between Delancey and Qatari Diar, advising on its acquisition and ongoing programme of development for East Village. East Village is the UK's largest PRS scheme and London's newest neighbourhood. We have been advising on lease structures and subsequent marketing and letting of the 1,439 homes as well as commercial units. Our Planning Group is advising QDD on reserved development plots, including navigating the complex section 106 requirements. Assistance is also being provided by our Construction Group to put in place construction contracts and consultants 'appointments for the development of these plots.