Christopher is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department. He specialises in civil fraud and asset tracing work. He regularly obtains and defends against a variety of High Court injunctions, including asset freezing orders and third party disclosure orders.
Christopher also has extensive experience in insolvency litigation, acting both for and against administrators and liquidators.
His general commercial disputes practice includes claims relating to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, minority shareholder disputes and director disqualification claims.
- Experience in obtaining or opposing asset freezing orders.
- Experience in obtaining third party disclosure orders from Banks and internet providers.
- Experience enforcing foreign judgments in England and Wales and recovering against Defendants’ assets in this jurisdiction.
- Acting for a group of directors in relation to a claim brought by a liquidator for recovery of substantial sums arising from alleged misfeasance/breach of fiduciary duty on the part of the directors. The claim included an application for security for costs (CPR r25.13(2)(c)), which was issued as a result of concerns that the insurers could avoid the ATE policy for non-disclosure or misrepresentation.
- Acting for the Defendants in a claim for breach of duty, fraudulent misrepresentation, unlawful misrepresentations and breach of trust. This included successfully defending an application for a freezing injunction.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee solicitor, Gepp & Sons
Associate/Senior Associate, Francis Wilks & Jones
Oxford Brookes, Law LLB