Nick is a Partner and Chair of the Mishcon Private department. Formerly Head of the Corporate Department, he trained as a corporate lawyer and specialises in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), reorganisation and restructurings. He has built a leading reputation as advisor to founders and owners of private companies and has a broad client base ranging from entrepreneurs to international corporations.
With over two decades of experience, Nick's work spans a wide range of industries including recruitment services, finance, technology and property services. It is in recruitment services, however, that Nick has forged a particular reputation.
Nick continues to be recognised as a leading Corporate/M&A lawyer by key legal directories, including Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, with clients describing him as "M&A savvy", "very sound and commercial" and "understanding the recruitment industry better than any other lawyer in the UK". He has also been recognised as one of the Best Corporate Lawyers in the Spear's 500 list for three consecutive years, appearing since 2015.
- Advising Impellam Group on the acquisition of Flexy Corporation for an initial consideration of 3m.
- Acting for the shareholders of Henlow Recruitment Group on the sale to nGAGE Specialist Recruitment.
- Acting for the shareholders of Henderson Scott on the sale to Search Consultancy.
- Acting for the shareholders of Allen Lane on the sale to Outsourcing Inc.
- Advising the management team of TMP Holdings on its sale to TrueBlue.
- Advising Staffing 360 Solutions, a company executing an international buy-and-build strategy through the acquisition of staffing organisations in the US and in the UK, on a number of transactions including the acquisition of Clement May, CBS Butler Holdings and The JM Group and Poolia UK.
- Advising Business Environment on the completion of a £65m refinancing of its property portfolio with HSBC.
- Advising Allen Lane and its shareholders on the sale of their interests in the consulting and managed services company, Allen Lane Consulting to Outsourcing UK.
- Advising nGAGE Specialist Recruitment on a number of acquisitions including the acquisition of 85% of the issued share capital of Qu Recruitment and CBS Butler Holdings.
- Advising commercial investment entity, Matterhorn Palos Partnership, on the sale of Kings Mall shopping centre in Hammersmith, to Schroders UK Real Estate fund.
- Advising Interalloys GmbH on the acquisition of the metals and concentrates business of Euromin S.A., a subsidiary of the Vitol Group, the biggest independent oil trader.
- Acting for the shareholders of Initio International Holdings on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Initio. Initio was purchased by US listed company Staffing 360 Solutions for a consideration in excess of US$15m.
- Advising Cienega S.a.r.l on its acquisition of a 90% interest in Blackdown Minerals.
- Advising Canadian media production company DHX Media on its acquisition of Ragdoll Worldwide from BBC Worldwide and a group including Anne Wood, the creator of the Teletubbies, for £17.4m.
- Advising Carbon Resource Management, a market leading carbon emissions trader, on its re-organisation and investment by the Vitol Group.
Partner, Chair of Mishcon Private, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Head of Corporate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP
Partner, Altheimer & Gray
Solicitor, DJ Freeman & Co
Qualified, Richard Freeman & Co
London University BA (Hons)