Mattey Avgustinov is an Associate in Mishcon Private, specialising in immigration law.
Mattey primarily advises on business immigration matters, working with businesses and individuals on sponsor licence and work-sponsored visa applications, as well as the prevention of illegal working and general immigration compliance. Most of his clients are companies and skilled workers seeking entry or extension of their UK visas for employment purposes, or businesses seeking advice on the acquisition and maintenance of sponsor licences. His client base is primarily within the financial services and the information technology sectors.
In previous roles, Mattey built expertise in advising in relation to Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur visa categories, applications by EEA nationals and their EEA and non-EEA family members, applications by family members of British citizens and persons settled in the UK. He also has significant experience in advising in complex human rights, indefinite leave to remain, and British citizenship applications.
- Advising on all aspects of sponsorship of overseas workers;
- Advising on the acquisition of sponsor licences by newly formed or small scale businesses, as well as large and established companies;
- Advising on the prevention of illegal working and immigration compliance, including the conduct of mock audits and training sessions for sponsor licence holders;
- Advising and assisting with applications for entry clearance, leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain under the former Tier 1 Investor, Entrepreneur, and Exceptional Talent (now Global Talent) routes;
- Advising and assisting with Points Based System applications where the main applicant was the sole or primary responsible parent for the child;
- Advising on variety of applications by family members of British citizens or persons settled in the UK where the requirements of the application route were not always met, or required detailed representations;
- Advising on EU Settlement Scheme and family permit applications by EEA nationals and their family members;
- Advising on complex applications for naturalisation and registration as British citizens, where requirements on absences are not met due to professional or compassionate reasons.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Gherson
City, University of London, LPC
University of Hertfordshire, BSc Law with Psychology