Jon is a Data Protection Advisor in the Intellectual Property Group.
With more than 10 years' experience, he advises clients across a number of sectors, including Retail, Life Sciences and Betting & Gaming, as well as private clients. He is able to draw on practical experience, having previously been Data Protection Officer for a critical national infrastructure organisation.
Jon is an expert in data protection and freedom of information law, and acts in a voluntary capacity as chair of the National Association of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Officers (NADPO). He is regularly sought for comment by specialist and national media and writes extensively on data protection matters.
- GDPR advice and compliance
- Responding to data subject requests
- Advice on strategic use of data protection rights
- Marketing in compliance with data protection and ePrivacy law
- Responding to and making Freedom of Information requests
- Responding to or avoiding regulatory data protection enforcement action
Data Protection Officer and GDPR Subject Matter Expert, Network Rail
Information Rights Adviser, Buckinghamshire County Council
Northumbria University, LLM Information Rights Law and Practice
Articles and Publications