Increasingly complex legislation and changing policies provide a particularly challenging background for development.
To meet these challenges requires a specialist team with extensive experience in property, planning, environment, construction and tax. Our team is involved in some of the most complex development schemes.
We are able to do provide the appropriate legal framework for each project - from the formation of development vehicles to securing finance and advising on the legal issues relating to both public and private sectors.
Our exposure to the market and familiarity with the key issues enables us to add additional value.
- Compulsory purchase;
- Construction documentation;
- Dispute resolution;
- Joint ventures;
- Landlord and tenant;
- Development funding;
- Planning for commercial, residential and mixed-use schemes;
- Rights of light;
- Build to rent;
- Site assembly and acquisitions.
- Chelsfield Partners and The Ilchester Estate: Redevelopment of a 3.5 acre landmark site housing the former Commonwealth Institute in Holland Park, West London. The scheme, known as Hollandgreen, includes three high-end residential buildings comprising around 60 apartments as part of a principally residential mixed-use scheme. We are also acting on the sale of the units. Separately we have acted on the acquisition of 205 Holland Park Avenue and subsequent sale for residential development.
- Advising Earls Court Partnership Limited (part of Capital & Counties Properties PLC) in relation to their £1.4 billion Earls Court redevelopment project.
- Acting for Delancey and Qatari Diar (QDD) on their ongoing programme of development for East Village, the former Olympic Village in Stratford, east London. East Village is a multi-million pound development and is the first major commitment of scale to the private rented sector (PRS) since this investment opportunity opened up.
- Advising Berkeley East Thames Ltd on its Royal Arsenal Riverside development in the Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Acting for Commercial Estates Group in relation to Aspire, a new office development in Bristol and one the largest single office developments undertaken in Bristol.
- Acting for Delancey on the 185 Park Street development in the London Borough of Southwark, a 1.2 acre site adjacent to the Tate Modern.
- Acting for specialist PRS investor and operator Fizzy Living on various forward funding schemes including the circa £100 million forward funding and purchase of a 348 unit residential scheme at Silvertown Way in Canning Town. The entire scheme will be developed through a joint venture between Galliford Try and Thames Valley Housing and when complete, the 2.1 hectare Silvertown Way site will have a GDV in the region of £360m and will deliver 1100 homes of mixed tenure across 11 blocks to include a hotel, gym, shops, offices and restaurants.
- Acting for Essential Living on the pre-acquisition due diligence for its purchase of the former Perfume Factory in Acton for around £30 million. The site is set to become London’s largest scheme tailor-made for the private-rented sector (PRS) with 400 to 500 rented homes.
- Advising Purplexed LLP, a joint venture vehicle originally for Cathedral Group and Development Securities PLC, who are now merged as U and I Group PLC, on the property and planning aspects of its £250 million scheme, Old Vinyl Factory development in Hayes, west London.
- Advising Minerva on the redevelopment of the former Odeon cinema in High Street Kensington, West London, a 125,000 sq ft high-end residential led scheme (35 apartments and 8 houses) with associated retail, office building and a new 7 screen cinema in the basement.
- Advising Capital and Counties Properties plc (Capco) in relation to their Covent Garden portfolio, which is currently valued at £2 billion.