Our Planning and Environment Group advises developers, investors, occupiers and public sector bodies. Its focus is both private and public sector, covering office, retail, leisure, residential, commercial and mixed-use schemes.
Due to constant changes in planning legislation, such as the Housing and Planning Bill and Permitted Development Rights, we always ensure that we are up-to-date on current practises. Our growing team possess a range of specialisms which make them uniquely placed to advise on large development schemes and complex planning issues. As well as this, they act for high net worth individuals on high profile and complex matters with many basement development applications and extensive press coverage.
We provide comprehensive advice that covers
- Planning Appeals;
- Compulsory purchase orders;
- Contaminated land;
- Judicial Review and Statutory Challenge;
- Environmental assessments;
- Infrastructure agreements;
- Local and Neighbourhood Plans;
- S.106 Agreements;
- Strategic planning;
- Listed Buildings and other heritage assets;
- Highways; and
- Urban regeneration.
- Advising Capital and Counties Properties plc (Capco) in relation to their Covent Garden portfolio, which is currently valued at £2 billion. This has included advising on the commercial to residential conversions within the existing estate.
- Acting for Delancey and Qatari Diar (QDD) on reserved development plots at its East Village scheme, the former Athletes' Village in Stratford, east London. East Village is a multi-million pound development and is the first major commitment of scale to the private rented sector (PRS) since this investment opportunity opened up.
- Acting for Essential Living on the pre-acquisition due diligence for its purchase of the former Perfume Factory in Acton for around £30 million. The site is set to become London’s largest scheme tailor-made for the private-rented sector (PRS) with 400 to 500 rented homes. We also acted for Essential Living on the planning relating to a new PRS led scheme in Swiss Cottage culminating in a successful appeal. The site comprises a fully let 50,000 sq ft office building adjacent to Swiss Cottage tube station, which was acquired without planning permission.
- Advising Purplexed LLP, a joint venture vehicle originally for Cathedral Group and Development Securities PLC, who are now merged as U and I Group PLC, on the property and planning aspects of its £250 million scheme, Old Vinyl Factory development in Hayes, west London.
- Our Planning Group continue to advice Victoria's Secret on all UK planning matters. This includes the Victoria's Secret flagship store in New Bond Street where we have also acquired the adjacent building at 116-117 New Bond Street and the out-of-town PINK and Victoria's Secret stores, comprising Westfield Stratford, Trinity Shopping Centre in Leeds, Manchester's Trafford Centre and Meadowhall Shopping Centre in Sheffield. We are also acting on new units in both Cambridge (Grand Arcade) and Oxford (Westgate).