Our multi-discipline Corporate Real Estate team comprises lawyers from our Corporate, Real Estate and Tax departments who are accustomed to working with property clients on a variety of matters.
We understand that corporate transactions in the real estate sector need careful structuring and have cultivated strong relationships with intermediaries to ensure the greatest value to our clients' businesses. We work closely with our clients to determine the best strategy to enhance value and then work as part of the wider team to implement it.
Our clients range from developers, publicly quoted companies, financial institutions and property funds to private investors, corporate occupiers and retailers and property services companies. Some of our clients include Allied Commercial Exporters, Alony Hetz Properties and Investments, Auriens, Brookfield Properties, Capital & Counties Properties, Delancey, Londonewcastle, Matterhorn Palos Partnership, Minerva and United House.
We regularly work on high level, complex deals – often with an international element – including mergers and acquisitions, developments and construction, fundraisings, franchising, structuring tax matters and management agreements.
- Mergers, acquisitions and takeovers of property businesses
- Crafting tax-efficient property holding structures
- Joint venture and consortia arrangements, including transfer of assets, profit extraction, financing and exit strategies
- Establishment, acquisition or disposal of special purpose vehicles (SPVs), limited partnerships and LLPs
- Property funds, unit trusts and other investment vehicles
- Public/private sector collaboration JVs for large scale regeneration
- IPOs and fundraisings for property companies (LSE Main Market and AIM)
- Distressed asset and debt portfolio transactions
- Corporate reorganisations
- Real estate agencies acquisitions and disposals
- Advising Alony Hetz Properties and Investments Limited, on the establishment of a new UK real estate investment company, Brockton Everlast Inc. Limited, with an initial equity investment of £340m from Alony Hetz.
- Advising Helical plc on the disposal of its retirement villages portfolio to Legal & General for £102m.
- Advising Capital & Counties Properties PLC (Capco) on the share sale of its Olympia London exhibition business for £296m to a consortium of German institutional investors including Bayerische Versorgungskammer.
- Advising Minerva on the sale of The Walbrook Building corporate structure, one of the biggest single-property disposals in London, for £575m.
- Advising on the joint venture between William Pears Group and LaSalle Investment Management on the sale of The Notting Hill Estate to Frogmore for £219m.
- Advising the commercial investment entity Matterhorn Palos Partnership on the sale of Kings Mall shopping centre in Hammersmith, to Schroders UK Real Estate fund for £153m.
- Advising Colliers International in respect of their acquisition of the Hatton Real Estate group from the founding shareholders.
- Advising a subsidiary of Allied Commercial Exporters Limited on the purchase and subsequent sale of the freehold interest in North West House, to West End of London Property Unit Trust ("WELPUT").
- Advising Helical plc on the acquisition of Renaissance Villages Limited.
- Advising United House and Londonewcastle on their development agreement and joint venture with existing owner Poplar HARCA for the redevelopment of Balfron Tower.
- Advising Capital & Counties Properties PLC (Capco) on its £117m acquisition of a 50% stake in the Empress State office building at Earls Court, from Land Securities Group PLC. We advise Capco in relation to both its Earls Court and Covent Garden portfolios.
- Representing D2 Private on various matters including the acquisition, development and letting of major central London office investment for circa £220m.
- Advising Delancey on the disposal of the business and assets of the Bailbrook House Hotel, Bath, Bovey Castle Hotel and Grand Hotel, Jersey.
- Advising Manhattan Loft Corporation on the JV between Manhattan Loft Corporation and André Balazs to redevelop a derelict Grade II Listed old fire station into a stylish 26 bedroom boutique hotel London's hottest new boutique hotel.
- Advising Brookfield Properties on the sale of BOP (MX) Sarl, a Luxembourg company which owns Moor Place – a large office building in the City.
- Advising Auriens on the purchase of a key development in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. The finished development, on Dovehouse Street off the King's Road, will comprise of 55 luxury extra care/retirement living apartments and in excess of 30,000 sq ft of state of the art amenity space.