Our multi-discipline Corporate Real Estate team is made up of lawyers from our Corporate, Real Estate and Tax departments, all used to working closely with property clients on a wide variety of matters - including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and re-organisations. We regularly work on high level, complex deals across a variety of sectors, including office, student housing, hotels and co-working space – and often with an international element.
Our extensive experience means that we are used to dealing with different structures such as unit trusts and limited partnerships, and also that we understand that corporate transactions in the real estate sector need careful structuring, and we have cultivated strong relationships with intermediaries to ensure maximum value for our clients' businesses. We work closely with our clients and their advisers to determine the best strategy for enhancing value and then as part of the wider team to implement it.
Our clients range from developers, publicly quoted companies, financial institutions and property funds to private investors, corporate occupiers and retailers, and property services companies.
- Mergers, acquisitions and takeovers of property businesses
- Crafting tax-efficient property holding structures
- Joint venture and consortia arrangements, including transfer of assets, profit extraction, financing and exit strategies
- Establishment, acquisition or disposal of special purpose vehicles (SPVs), limited partnerships and LLPs
- Property funds, unit trusts and other investment vehicles
- Public/private sector collaboration JVs for large scale regeneration
- IPOs and fundraisings for property companies (LSE Main Market and AIM)
- Distressed asset and debt portfolio transactions
- Corporate reorganisations
- Real estate agencies acquisitions and disposals
Advising Brookfield on its joint venture with Hemisphere, an asset manager specialising in the French office sector, in respect of the acquisition of a 13,750 square metre office development in Paris.
- Advising one of Israel's largest real estate investment holding companies, Alony Hetz Properties and Investments, on the acquisition of real estate investment advisers, Brockton Capital LLP and the establishment of a new real estate investment company, Brockton Everlast Inc. with an initial equity investment of £340m from Alony Hetz.
- Advising Stonehill Holdings on a development joint venture for the largest non-campus student residence in continental Europe.
- Advising Brookfield in relation to the acquisition of the ‘Enigma’ student housing portfolio from Curlew Capital for £520m.
- Advising Almacantar on the £267m sale of 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, W1 to South Korea’s KB Securities.
- Advising Decimus Investments Limited on the sale of the 16,000 sq. ft. 1820s Grade II-listed house at 3 Carlton Gardens, London SW1 (fronting The Mall) – the closest privately owned residence to Buckingham Palace.
- Advising Fusion Global Investments on the £240m sale of a corporate structure holding four purpose built student accommodations in the UK.
- Advising Londonewcastle on its development joint venture with Brent Council for Queens Park, South Kilburn.
- Advising Minerva on the sale of The Kensington - the proposed redevelopment of the old Odeon Kensington Cinema and adjacent properties.
- Advising Almacantar on the £165m sale of Grade II listed CAA House, designed by architect Richard Seifert in 1968, to Seaforth Land.
- Advising Capital & Counties Properties on the sale of the Empress State Building for £250m to The Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime.
- Advising Helical on the disposal of its retirement villages portfolio to Legal & General for £102m.
- Advising Capital & Counties Properties on the share sale of its Olympia London exhibition business for £296m to a consortium of German institutional investors including Bayerische Versorgungskammer.
- Advising Minerva on the sale of The Walbrook Building corporate structure, one of the biggest single-property disposals in London, for £575m.
- Advising on the joint venture between William Pears Group and LaSalle Investment Management on the sale of The Notting Hill Estate to Frogmore for £219m.
- Advising the commercial investment entity Matterhorn Palos Partnership on the sale of Kings Mall shopping centre in Hammersmith, to Schroders UK Real Estate fund for £153m.
- Advising Colliers International in respect of their acquisition of the Hatton Real Estate group from the founding shareholders.
- Advising a subsidiary of Allied Commercial Exporters on the purchase and subsequent sale of the freehold interest in North West House, to West End of London Property Unit Trust.
- Advising Helical plc on the acquisition of Renaissance Villages.
- Advising United House and Londonewcastle on their development agreement and joint venture with existing owner Poplar HARCA for the redevelopment of Balfron Tower.
- Advising Capital & Counties Properties on its £117m acquisition of a 50% stake in the Empress State office building at Earls Court, from Land Securities Group. We advise Capco in relation to both its Earls Court and Covent Garden portfolios.
- Representing D2 Private on various matters including the acquisition, development and letting of major central London office investment for circa £220m.
- Advising Delancey on the disposal of the business and assets of the Bailbrook House Hotel, Bath, Bovey Castle Hotel and Grand Hotel, Jersey.
- Advising Manhattan Loft Corporation on the JV between Manhattan Loft Corporation and André Balazs to redevelop a derelict Grade II Listed old fire station into a stylish 26 bedroom boutique hotel London's hottest new boutique hotel.
- Advising Brookfield in relation to the sale of the entity that owned Moor Place (the European headquarters of WeWork) in the City of London to Kingboard for £271m.
- Advising Auriens on the purchase of a key development in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. The finished development, on Dovehouse Street off the King's Road, will comprise of 55 luxury extra care/retirement living apartments and in excess of 30,000 sq ft of state of the art amenity space.