Vincent is a Cyber Developer at Mishcon de Reya. He focuses on architecting, building and maintaining a range of tools and systems used by the firm to deliver its cyber services.
Vincent has a wide range of expertise in cyber security, software engineering, data analysis and machine learning, and has worked in both academia and industry. He operates at the nexus of cyber security, big data, networking and algorithms, and uses his experience to engineer scalable solutions to address business challenges.
Vincent holds a Ph.D. in Cyber Security from the University of Oxford with a thesis entitled “Security and Privacy in App Ecosystems”. A recognised subject matter expert, Vincent has more than ten peer-reviewed scientific publications which together have received several hundred citations from other researchers in the cyber security domain.
- Explored risks in the payment card industry coming from quantum-capable attackers.
- Founded a start-up aimed at securing internet-of-things devices in smart homes.
- Worked with an e-commerce firm to improve management decision-making through the analysis of big data.
- Designed and implemented a real-time, wireless monitoring system, assisting a large manufacturer to comply with statutory regulations.
- Developed a facilities management system, assisting a large ISP to keep track of the resources provisioned for enterprise clients.
Cyber Developer, Mishcon de Reya LLP
University of Oxford, Doctor of Philosophy in Cyber Security
University of the West Indies, Master of Philosophy in Computer Science
University of the West Indies, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Electronics
Articles and Publications
- Vincent F. Taylor, Riccardo Spolaor, Mauro Conti, Ivan Martinovic: Robust Smartphone App Identification via Encrypted Network Traffic Analysis. IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security 13(1): 63-78 (2018)
- Vincent F. Taylor, Ivan Martinovic: To Update or Not to Update: Insights From a Two-Year Study of Android App Evolution. AsiaCCS 2017: 45-57
- Vincent F. Taylor, Ivan Martinovic: Short Paper: A Longitudinal Study of Financial Apps in the Google Play Store. Financial Cryptography 2017: 302-309
- Vincent F. Taylor, Alastair R. Beresford, Ivan Martinovic: There are many apps for that: quantifying the availability of privacy-preserving apps. WISEC 2017: 247-252
- Vincent F. Taylor, Riccardo Spolaor, Mauro Conti, Ivan Martinovic: AppScanner: Automatic Fingerprinting of Smartphone Apps from Encrypted Network Traffic. EuroS&P 2016: 439-454