Tim is a Partner and the Head of the Funds and Financial Services team in the Corporate department. He has over a decade's experience advising on investment funds and financial services regulation. Tim's fund experience includes advising both fund managers and investors in respect of all categories of unlisted investment funds.
His financial services regulatory practice is broad, encompassing regulated activities (including advising unregulated entities and individuals whether they need to become authorised); financial promotion; the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD); and market abuse/insider dealing.
Tim also advises on UK anti-money laundering and proceeds of crime legislation.
The Legal 500 recognises Tim in both the Financial Services and Investment Funds sections, describing him as a "knowledgeable and user friendly" lawyer who is "a pleasure to work with," "highly experienced" and "commercially realistic" in his approach.
- Established various large real estate funds via limited partnership structures
- Advised on numerous investment management arrangements, including via innovative structures to meet clients' tax and regulatory requirements
- Advised on amendment to fund terms, typically as a result of the global economic situation
- Advised on the first case of market distortion brought by the Financial Services Authority
- Advised ad hoc bondholder committees on the permitted use of non-public information they receive
- Advised on the regulatory aspects of the acquisition of a high street bank
- Regularly advises on changes of control of authorised entities
- Advised a fund on the customer due diligence of its 100 investors
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Jones Day
Of Counsel, Jones Day
Solicitor, Gouldens/Jones Day
Solicitor, Bond Pearce
Trainee, Bond Pearce
University of Southampton, Law (LLB)