Victoria is a Partner in Mishcon Private, a commercial litigator acting for a wide variety of clients including high profile and high net worth individuals, corporations, families and family offices.
Victoria advises on complex commercial cases, including director and shareholder disputes as well as partnership issues, general contractual matters and fraud. She is experienced in the issuing and defending of freezing injunctions, asset protection and defending extradition requests.
As a key part of her private client work, Victoria acts as a trusted advisor - assisting her clients with any dispute that might arise; including issues between partners (business and romantic), disputes over gifts/loans, problems involving children/their education or issues with friends and family.
Victoria sits on the Board of Mishcon Private, being Division Head for three practice areas in the Department; Private Commercial Litigation, Reputation Protection and Art Law. Her role as Divisional Head for these practice areas provides Victoria with access to a wide range of specialities and skill sets, so crucial for ultra high net worth individuals and their diverse requirements.
Victoria is a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association. She also features in the Tatler Address book 2021.
Victoria sits on the Board of REAch2 Academy Trust, the largest primary only academy trust, comprising of 65 primary schools across England and Made by Sport, a charity funding grassroots sports and clubs in crisis.
Victoria is also part of the MDR Solutions I team, a litigation finance venture offering greater access to funding for claimants.
- Victoria was the lead partner on:
- Group Seven v Nasir and others  EWCA Civ 614;  PNLR 22 and  EWHC 1928 (Comm);  PNLR 6; and
- Group Seven v Sultana and others  EWHC 1509 (Ch);  1 W.L.R. 735 (now the leading case on the effect of freezing injunctions against one-man companies) and  EWHC 2046 (Ch) (three-month trial) and  EWCA Civ 631.
- Acting for an ultra high net worth individual in two successful claims, after separate three-month trials (and subsequent appeals), in dishonest assistance against accountants, solicitors, Swiss bankers and intermediaries alleged to have facilitated an elaborate multi-jurisdiction fraud.
- Part of the team that brought the largest private prosecution to date which resulted in 8 years' imprisonment for the defendant.
- Defended a £300m fraud claim by a pharmaceutical company against an individual.
- Successfully defended an extradition request by Greece for a successful businessman.
- Represented several defendants in the Axiom Legal Financing Fund litigation.
- Acted for the long term partner of a high profile businessman obtaining a freezing injunction over €200m.
- Acted in a partnership dispute between former business partners who had been involved in a private equity acquisition of an Italian power company.
- Settled a family dispute involving the division of over £100m of London properties.
- Acted in a high value dispute between two charities.
- Regularly advises shareholders about their ability to bring claims against majority shareholders as a result of actions by the board and the conduct of a business generally.
- Regularly advises clients in relation to highly personal matters such as issues with children (bullying or difficulties involving schools or university) and luxury assets (yachts, cars, planes, jewellery).
Victoria began her career as a barrister, specialising in prosecuting and defending fraud and financial crimes.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Assistant, Mishcon de Reya
Tenant, 23 Essex Street
BPP (BVC), Bedingfield Scholar, Gray's Inn
City University (PgDL), David Karmel Award; City University Award
Cambridge University, New Hall, Social and Political Sciences (BA Hons)