Sarah is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department. She specialises in banking and finance disputes and also works on general commercial dispute resolution matters.
The focus of her work is high value complex disputes, cross border injunctions, fraud, banking and general commercial disputes for both corporate clients and high net worth individuals.
Sarah has also spent time on secondment at the BBC Trust where she advised Trustees and Head of Editorial Standards on issues relating to data protection, defamation, privacy, judicial review and general public law principles.
Sarah is a member of the London Solicitor Litigation Association, the Fraud Women's Network and Inspiring Women.
- Acting for the Defendant, a Luxembourg company, in a claim valued in excess of EUR62million for the allegedly fraudulent sale of shares valued at around EUR330million of a Bulgarian public listed company.
- Acting for the Defendant, a Spanish oil and gas company, with a counterclaim valued at around US$120million, in a contractual dispute with a major Dutch bank.
- Acting for a UAE shipping company in the liquidation proceedings of a Cayman Islands-based shipping fund.
- Successfully acted for the Claimant to obtain a worldwide freezing injunction for US$70million in Guernsey, London and Lebanon in relation to a dispute surrounding an underlying contract valued at around US$22billion.
- Successfully defended a Latvian bank against a misrepresentation claim brought by private investors relating to the purported misselling of financial products.
- Successfully acted for the Claimant, the UK arm of a well-known Swiss interdealer broker, to obtain repayment of un-settled funds through preparation and threat of injunctive proceedings against its counterparty.
- Successfully acted for a lending consortium of African banks in relation to a contractual dispute valued at around US$400million.
- Successfully acted for leading criminal barristers in their application for permission to appeal to the Supreme Court for judicial review of the Quality Assurance Scheme for Advocates.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Baker & McKenzie LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Baker & McKenzie LLP
Private Banking Analyst, Barclays Wealth
London School of Economics and Political Science, BSc (Hons) International Relations and History
University of Law, GDL and LPC
Articles and Publications
- Sentencing Council Guidelines on Corporate Offenders, P&OR Annual Review, January 2015
- Managing your Brand in a Crisis, Public Law Digest, January 2015
- The Future of Future Copyright, European Intellectual Property Review, Vol. 3, Issue 3