Robin is a Managing Associate who specialises in disputes where there are allegations of fraud and misconduct. His experience includes several multi-billion pound disputes with complex cross-border issues and disputes involving sovereign wealth funds and governments.
He acts on all aspects of commercial litigation and arbitration, and on ultra high value banking disputes and professional negligence claims. Robin has also acted on the restructurings of several multi-billion-dollar businesses.
Robin's cases often involve alleged breaches of fiduciary duty and secret commissions/bribes. He has experience of worldwide freezing orders and also advises on alleged data thefts. Robin has acted in relation to alleged frauds in various sectors including the banking, pharmaceutical and public sectors.
He represents sovereign entities, banks, regulators, companies and individuals of which many are overseas. He has spent a considerable part of his career working in Middle Eastern countries, and has also been seconded to a private equity house which was spun out from the UK Government's development finance institution.
- Acting for an international regulator of a bank (with balance sheet assets of circa US$6 billion) on a portfolio of ultra-high value disputes and restructuring issues.
- Litigating ultra-high value financial instruments (including Put Option Agreements).
- Acting in the high profile, multi-billion dollar, commercial court litigation between the Libyan Investment Authority v Société Générale and others. The case uniquely combined issues relating to the characteristics, role and investment strategy, and authority of, a sovereign wealth fund, with allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Providing crisis management advice to an organisation and its board following high profile allegations of financial misconduct and corruption.
- Acting for a defendant who faced a US$50 million claim relating to alleged breaches of fiduciary duty and secret commissions/bribes.
- Acting for a defendant in international proceedings which alleged fraudulent misrepresentation and deceit, and for a claimant in a domestic pharmaceutical fraud.
- Bringing and responding to freezing orders and proprietary injunctions, and dealing with asset disclosure and asset protection issues.
- Acting for a defendant who faced allegations of data theft and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Arbitrating a multi-million dollar professional negligence claim.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Charles Russell Speechlys
Legal Practice Course, Nottingham, Distinction
Bristol University, LLB (Hons) Law