Raji is a Partner in our Real Estate Finance department with close to 30 years experience working on transactions acting for both lenders and borrowers in matters with deal values ranging from £10 million to £900 million.
Raji advises financial institutions, corporates and sponsors/funds in relation to arranging and documenting domestic and international bank facilities and structured financings. He has a broad range of finance experience, with particular expertise in advising borrowers and lenders in relation to syndicated real estate investment and development finance and acquisition/leveraged finance transactions.
Legal 500, 2014 notes that Raji "has a very logical mind and applies it accordingly" and is a "safe pair of hands when it comes to real estate finance."
- Minerva plc on the £325 million syndicated facility arranged by Citibank for the refinancing of the Walbrook building.Evans Randall on the syndicated senior and mezzanine financing provided by Eurohypo and Pramerica on its acquisition for £242.5 million of the Drapers Gardens office complex.
- Delancey Estates on its £150 million syndicated corporate facility arranged by Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Royal Bank of Scotland as arranger and underwriter of the £15 million syndicated property investment facility to a Threadneedle fund entity to finance the acquisition of a shopping centre.
- Graphite Capital on the £48 million syndicated senior facilities and £11 million syndicated mezzanine facilities arranged by Lloyds Bank for the acquisition of Kurt Geiger.
- Bridgepoint Capital and Permira on the deleveraged acquisition of Holmes Place Plc.
- Almacantar on the £47.5 million syndicated facility arranged by Deutsche Pfandbriefbank to finance the acquisition of property in Shaftesbury.
- Investec Bank as arranger and underwriter of the £105.35 million syndicated facility to Cain Hoy and Galliard Holdings to finance the acquisition of the Stage Shoreditch property.
- Alchemi Group on the £103 million development facility arranged by Urban Capital and LaSalle in relation to a residential development in Victoria Street.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, SJ Berwin LLP
Assistant Solicitor, SJ Berwin LLP
Assistant Solicitor, Russell McVeagh (New Zealand))