Michael is a Partner in the Corporate department. An international private equity and private M&A lawyer, his practice has a particular emphasis on complex multi-jurisdictional matters. He has an extensive background in UK and European private equity, from leveraged and management buyouts and strategic investments to growth capital and venture capital.
He works with a range of clients including private equity sponsors, quoted and non-quoted companies, hedge and investment funds, intermediaries, family offices and entrepreneurs.
Michael’s geographical focus is driven by client activity, and is primarily European Economic Area (EEA) and the U.S. In addition, illustrating the growth of London as a hub for non-domestic transactions, this also occasionally extends to the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
- Advising family office and management selling shareholders of Kinetic Group on its acquisition by Duff & Phelps
- Advising US fund Firebird Management LLC on the sale of its investment in Surestream Petroleum
- Advising the Gauselmann Group on its acquisitions of Marwyn Gaming Limited, the holding company of leading independent AGC operator, Praesepe, and of the Sceptre Leisure business from the Administers in a pre-pack transaction
- Advising PE sponsor Kelso Place and portfolio company MDNX group on various add on acquisitions including Griffin and Octium
- Advising Kelso Place and management of MDNX group on its secondary buy-out and merger with Easynet, backed by by Equistone and LDC
- Advising PE Sponsor NEO Investment partners on its acquisition and investment in businesses such as luxury retailer Miller Harris, and online retailer Scarosso
- Advsing PE Sponsor Riverside Company on various transactions including the divestiture of Sentinel Performance Solutions to Electra Partners
- Advising ITWP Acquisitions, the holding company of the Toluna group on its acquisition of the European businesses of Harris Interactive
- Advising selling shareholders and management of Vistra group on its secondary buy-out by IK Investment Partners and subsequently the Vistra management on the merger of the Vistra Group with Offshore Investments Limited to create OV Group
- Advising Woodford Investment Management on its unquoted investments including investments in Biofem, Cosmederm, Stratified Medical, Atom Bank, Advanced Plasma Theraputics, Propelair, Spin Transfer technologies, Novabiotics , Gigaclear and Ratesetter.
- Advising LSE listed ACAL PLC on its acquisitions of Myrra Holdings SA and Trafo Holdings AS
- Advising Praesepe PLC on the recommended offer by Marwyn Management Partners PLC
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Proskauer Rose LLP
Partner, Head of European Private Equity
Trainee Associate, SJ Berwin
College of Law London, LSF
University College London, LLB (Hons)