Laurence is a Managing Associate in the Corporate department. With close to 10 years' experience, he deals with a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions (including property special purpose vehicle transactions), re-organisations, shareholders’ agreements and joint ventures, and his work frequently includes a cross border element.
Laurence's clients range from entrepreneurs to large corporate entities and his experience covers a variety of sectors including property, telecommunications, technology, education, financial services, manufacturing and engineering, retail/wholesale and fashion. He has also been involved in a number of fast moving growth sectors, including the e-cigarette market.
- Advised the shareholders of TestPlant Limited on the sale of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group
- Advised Haywood Tyler Group plc (AIM-listed) on the acquisition of the trade and assets of the 'Peter Brotherhood' business from the Siemens Group
- Acted for Canouan Development Corporation Limited in relation to the buyout of a joint venture partner and new joint venture arrangements relating to the ownership and development of the Island of Canouan in St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Acted for Therium Capital Management Limited to put in place structures for litigation funding investments
- Acted for shareholders of the Perenco Group in connection with a significant multi-jurisdictional de-merger
- Acted for Victory Electronic Cigarettes Corporation on the acquisition of Must Have Limited (trading as "VIP") for US$50 million
- Acting for City Financial Investment Company Limited on the acquisitions of the investment management business and certain assets of PCE Investors Limited, Eden Financial Limited, OPM Fund Management Limited and IWI Fund Management Limited
- Advised leading brand owner on its equity investment in an up-and-coming British fashion brand
- Advised on the sale of a significant interest in an international telecommunications company
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Qualified, Rochman Landau
University of East Anglia, Law LLB