Laurence is a Managing Associate in the Corporate department. With over 11 years' experience, he deals with a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, real estate corporate wrapper transactions, re-organisations, shareholders’ agreements and joint ventures, and his work regularly involves cross border elements and overseas jurisdictions. Laurence also specialises in UK limited liability partnerships and advises on limited liability partnership agreements, the admission of new members and transfers of membership interests.
Laurence's clients range from entrepreneurs to large corporates and his experience covers a variety of sectors including financial services, real estate, telecommunications, technology, education, manufacturing and engineering, retail/wholesale and fashion. He also works on transactions in the insurance sector and has been involved in a number of fast moving growth sectors and markets, including e-cigarettes and eSports.
Advising Brookfield on its joint venture with Hemisphere, an asset manager specialising in the French office sector, in respect of the acquisition of a 13,750 square metre office development in Paris
- Acting for the founder of Plurimi Wealth LLP (wealth and investment manager) in the sale of a significant membership interest to Toscafund Asset Management.
- Acting for Londonewcastle (real estate development company) in its joint venture with Brent Council (structured as an LLP) in respect of the comprehensive redevelopment of a site in South Kilburn, forming part of the South Kilburn Regeneration Programme.
- Advising LLPs and individual members on various LLP membership disputes.
- Advising insurer, Sompo Holdings Inc, on various corporate transactions.
- Advising Chelsfield Partners LLP (real estate investment business) in connection with its interest in the former Commonwealth Institute site in High Street Kensington, now known as Holland Green, and its joint venture with the Ilchester Estate.
- Advising Almacantar (real estate investment and development company) on various corporate wrapper transactions.
Advised the shareholders of TestPlant Limited on the sale of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group
- Advised Haywood Tyler Group plc (AIM-listed) on the acquisition of the trade and assets of the 'Peter Brotherhood' business from the Siemens Group
- Acted for Canouan Development Corporation Limited in relation to the buyout of a joint venture partner and new joint venture arrangements relating to the ownership and development of the Island of Canouan in St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Acted for shareholders of the Perenco Group in connection with a significant multi-jurisdictional de-merger
- Acted for Victory Electronic Cigarettes Corporation on the acquisition of Must Have Limited (trading as "VIP") for US$50 million
- Acting for City Financial Investment Company Limited on the acquisitions of the investment management business and certain assets of PCE Investors Limited, Eden Financial Limited, OPM Fund Management Limited and IWI Fund Management Limited
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Qualified, Rochman Landau
University of East Anglia, Law LLB