Katya (Ekaterina) is an Associate in Mishcon Private specialising in tax and wealth planning.
She acts for a wide range of UK and international clients, trustees and charities and has experience of UK and cross-border estate and trust planning, probate and philanthropy matters. Much of Katya's work is focused on providing tax advice with an international element and the co-ordination of advice in several different jurisdictions.
Katya is a native Russian speaker and is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Law Society Private Client section and the Charity Law Association.
- Tax planning for asset holdings structures
- Advising on the restructuring of entities in the light of the April 2017 changes affecting non-domiciled individuals
- Tax planning for UK resident non-domiciled individuals
- Cross-border and UK estate administration (with particular experience in intestacy involving several jurisdictions)
- Trust administration and advising trustees on their powers, duties and responsibilities
- General succession planning advice, including advice on Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Living Wills and Court of Protection issues
- Advising charity trustees on their powers and responsibilities
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Edwin Coe LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Edwin Coe LLP
BPP, GDL, LLB, LPC and LLM
University of Nottingham, Economics BSc
Articles and Publications
- Journal of International Tax, Trust and Corporate Planning – "Cross-border philanthropy in Europe – a decade on from Stauffer"
- LexisNexis Practice Notes (Reduced IHT of 36%; Discretionary Will Trusts; Quick Succession Relief; IHT and Close Companies; and IHT Admin and Compliance)