Jordan Harrison is an Associate in the Fraud team in the Dispute Resolution department.
His practice is focused on commercial litigation with a focus on civil fraud and contentious insolvency often as part of complex multi-jurisdictional disputes. He has experience of matters involving allegations of fraud or misconduct including diversion of business opportunities, conspiracy, data theft, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of confidence, and/or breach of contract.
Jordan has acted for a range of clients including high net-worth individuals and many of his cases are international in scope. His experience includes injunctive relief on both the claimant and defendant side such as search orders; freezing and asset preservation orders; delivery-up orders; computer imaging orders; third Party disclosure orders; and other asset recovery techniques.
Jordan is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA) and is participating in several social impact initiatives across the firm.
- Acting for a major European bank in complex fraud claims involving non-performing loans of ~EUR100m, with claims before the courts in the Cayman Islands, Malta, Canada, and in arbitration.
- Advising a high-net-worth individual in relation to a post-judgment freezing order obtained against his companies.
- Successfully acted in High Court proceedings for a high net worth individual in relation to a breach of fiduciary duty and trespass claim against his former employee and another individual for damage caused to his personal vehicle.
- Successfully acted for a global consulting firm to recover monies misappropriated by a former finance manager, involving successfully applying for and obtaining a freezing order against the finance manager and further individuals connected to the fraud; and disclosure orders against four major banks unknowingly utilised by the fraudster.
- Successfully acted for the UK’s leading dental imaging centre in obtaining an urgent on-notice injunction against an ex-Director who was withholding key information affecting the running of the business, in breach of his fiduciary and statutory duties as a Director. Involved successfully applying for a computer imaging order in order to secure relevant evidence. The Defendant was also ordered to provide full delivery up of company property, accounts and systems along with a substantial interim payment on account of costs, allowing our client to regain control of the business and continue operating.
- Advising a high-net-worth family resident in the UK in relation to defamation stemming from fraud, money laundering and other criminal complaints brought against them in the UAE.
- Advising a multi-national telecommunications company on fraud prevention, deterrence and other regulatory issues stemming from their sponsorship of a major sports tournament in Africa.
- Successfully represented a UK telecommunications company in respect of a private prosecution against two individuals who were selling devices which granted illegal access to broadcast content. The principal defendant, who had pleaded guilty but disputed the factual basis of his offending, was sentenced at Leeds Crown Court to two years’ immediate imprisonment.
- Advising a major European bank in relation to its enforcement options in respect to a €50m portfolio of non-performing loans.
- Advised an oil trading company in connection with on-going High Court proceedings against numerous companies and individuals (including the former CEO and CFO) in relation to a substantial fraud whereby the defendants misappropriated US$349 million.*
- Assisted with an internal investigation for a leading US based pharmaceutical company where it was discovered an individual employee had defrauded their previous employer of c. £25m.*
- Assisted liquidators with a high profile investigation into one of the largest retail collapses in the UK and advising in respect of potential litigation.*
*Experience obtained elsewhere
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Jones Day
BPP Law School, LPC (Distinction), GDL (Commendation)
Durham University, Politics (BA Hons)