Ros is a Managing Associate and experienced litigator in the Real Estate department. She acts for a range of clients, from large property companies, to retail occupiers, to individuals.
Ros has expertise in a wide range of landlord and tenant matters, including: dilapidations; lease renewals; break clauses, rent arrears recovery; possession claims; forfeiture; applications for consent and rent review. She also has experience in rights of light, rights of way (both public and private) and other easements, party wall matters and dealing with insolvency and advising landlords and insolvency practitioners in those situations. She ran two reported dilapidations cases and settled an unopposed lease renewal claim at the court room door.
Ros has extensive experience at County Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Privy Council level both at trial and in relation to interim applications and experience at mediations and settlement meetings.
Ros is recommended in Legal 500. She is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
- Acting for the tenant in Sunlife v Tiger (reported) at High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Successfully obtaining possession of a Hyde Park property from an unlawful occupier claiming a beneficial interest.
- Successfully opposing an application to amend the Definitive Map with the registration of a public right of way.
- Successfully applying for access under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act against 90 defendants.
- Successfully defending a dilapidations claim brought by a landlord against its former tenant.
- Appealing to the Privy Council concerning a dispute over ownership and registration of land in Belize.
- Acting for a developer in relation to the interpretation of the rent review provisions in a lease concerning 230 properties.
- Acting against a developer of a prestigious London development.
- Successfully acting for an individual in dispute with neighbour over the scope of the right of way over neighbour’s property.
- Acting for a corporate tenant in relation to its portfolio of properties, including dealing with lease renewals, break clauses, interpretation of documents and service charge disputes.
- Acting for the liquidators of a company which owned a large industrial and business park and farm land.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP
Trainee, Pinsent Masons LLP
Nottingham Law School - LPC
University of Birmingham, LLB Joint Honours Law and Politics