David is a Partner in the firm's Employment Department, practising across all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. His experience ranges from complex litigation in the specialist employment tribunals and superior courts, to corporate transactions, business restructuring, regulatory investigations, complex HR advisory services and international employment law (supporting both multi-jurisdictional commercial transactions and stand-alone cross-border HR projects).
David works across a variety of sectors, with particular expertise in Financial Services, Media and Life Sciences. In particular, David's practice across the Financial Services sector focusses on the intersection of employment law and conduct risk from a regulatory perspective. This relates to the high stakes employment aspects of regulatory enforcement issues and investigations from both employee conduct and remuneration perspectives, supported by David's expertise in sectoral remuneration regulation across the Banking and wider Financial Services sector.
David was ranked as one of the UK's "next generation" employment lawyers in UK Legal 500 in 2017 and 2018, is a member of both the UK Employment Lawyers Association and the European Employment Lawyers Association and is regularly quoted in the press.
- Complex advisory on all aspects of employment law including executive and boardroom disputes, senior hires and exits, collective dismissal and restructuring, discrimination, whistleblowing, confidentiality, restrictive covenants, data protection and corporate governance issues.
- Complex advisory on the intersection of employment law and financial services regulation in respect of regulatory oversight across the banking and broader financial services sector including in respect of regulatory enforcement and investigations.
- Complex advisory on financial services remuneration regulation under relevant UK Remuneration Codes and wider European legislation, including issues in respect of remuneration structuring and performance adjustment mechanisms (including the application of malus and clawback).
- Employment litigation in the specialist UK Employment Tribunals and Superior Courts including (without limitation) in respect of unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing and breach of contract claims.
- Advising on, managing and negotiating domestic and international employment law aspects of domestic and international corporate transactions and stand-alone cross-border HR projects.
- Senior executive and wider employee training and counsel on (without limitation) behavioural risk management, whistleblowing, equality and opportunity, anti-discrimination and individual accountability.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Allen & Overy LLP
Solicitor, Minter Ellison Lawyers (Australia)
BPP Law School, London, Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test
The College of Law, Australia, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
University of Queensland, Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Australian National University, Political Science (International Relations), Honours
University of Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of Arts (Double Major in Political Science)