Shantanu is a Legal Director in the Corporate department. He specialises in advising issuers as well as corporate finance houses on IPOs and fundraisings on the London Stock Exchange, on security and utility token offerings by way of ICOs and also on 'off-market' equity and debt finance transactions, including crowdfunding. He also has deep expertise in advising public and private companies on UK and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
On the contentious side, Shantanu advises management and shareholders on the corporate aspects of shareholder disputes, corporate governance, directors' duties and similar legal issues.
With over a decade of experience, Shantanu has advised on a number of complex transactions across a broad range of sectors including real estate, hotels and leisure, technology, natural resources, consumer products and media.
Shantanu is a 'recommended lawyer' in The Legal 500 (United Kingdom) for Flotations. He has also been named as a 'Acritas Star Lawyer' by Acritas Stars.
His corporate expertise has seen him speak at Thomson Reuters TrustLaw training events relating to crowdfunding and a YPO's International M&A seminar. He has also co-hosted a Lexis Nexis webinar on Boardroom Challenges and Shareholder Relations, and he frequently takes part in panel discussions.
- Secondment at Investoo Ltd, an FCA registered fintech/cryptocurrency marketing company and advising them on the establishment of a crypto exchange - Crypto Go
- Advising Hayward Tyler Group PLC in respect of its recommended takeover by Avingtrans PLC.
- Advising Headway Investment Partners III L.P. on its recommended cash offer for Ludgate Environmental Fund Limited, a company trading on AIM.
- Advising Minerva Limited, the joint venture between Delancey and Ares Management, on the £575 million disposal of a JPUT structure that owned The Walbrook Building located in the City of London
- Advising Al Mirqab Capital SPC on its $1.5 billion recommended takeover of FTSE 250 company, Heritage Oil PLC and its related delisting and take-private
- Advising Arden Partners plc, the nomad and broker of Mirada plc, an AIM-listed software company, on its £3.5 million secondary fundraising
- Advising Cenkos Securities PLC in its role as nominated adviser and broker on a secondary fundraise on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange, for Enables IT Group PLC
- Advising Capital & Counties Properties PLC on its £117 million acquisition of a 50% stake in the Empress State office building at Earls Court, from Land Securities Group PLC
- Advising Canadian media production company DHX Media Ltd (TSX listed) on the acquisition of the international rights for popular children's TV shows Teletubbies and In the Night Garden from BBC Worldwide and the shareholders of Ragdoll Limited, including Anne Wood (their creator) for £17.4 million
- Advising contact centre services and business process outsourcing solutions group, IBEX Global Solutions PLC, on the placing and admission to trading of its shares on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange, following which, the group was valued at circa $90 million, with the flotation raising gross proceeds of circa $22.5 million, for IBEX and its largest shareholder, The Resource Group
- Advising online advertising group Digital Globe Services, Ltd on the admission to trading of its shares on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange, with the flotation raising gross proceeds of circa $20.5 million, for Digital Globe and its largest shareholder, The Resource Group
- Advising the sellers on the sale of the business and assets of Bailbrook House Hotel, Bath and Bovey Castle Hotel
- Advising The King of Shaves Company Limited, Hotel Chocolat and Ecotricity on the development and issue of retail bonds known as "Shaving Bonds", "Chocolate Bonds" and "EcoBonds" respectively
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Memery Crystal LLP
Solicitor, Quastel Midgen LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Quastel Midgen LLP
College of Law, Guildford: Legal Practice Course
University College London: LLB Law (Hons)