Robyn is a Managing Associate in the Commercial team. Robyn specialises in advising on consumer law issues, and has experience advising in the following areas across a number of industries (including for example, fashion, sport, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, travel and online payments), e-commerce and retail, consumer protection, digital media, marketing and advertising.
In particular, Robyn has experience in assisting retail clients with new product launches (including preparation of website terms and conditions, privacy policies and advising on marketing strategies from a legal perspective including prize promotions and competitions and use of social media platforms), refreshing and updating refund and returns policies.
Robyn also regularly advises, reviews and negotiates a variety of general business to business commercial agreements (sale of goods, digital and professional services, consultancy agreements and non-disclosure agreements); cloud/ software subscriptions and on-premise deployment and IP licenses.
- Preparing new suite of consumer facing terms (including online terms and conditions of use, terms of service and a trial agreement) for luxury handbag rental company.
- Drafting combined business and consumer facing website terms of sale for technical educational product retailer.
- Advising large international hotel group on running prize promotions and drafting competition and prize draw terms.
- Reviewing and refreshing refund and returns policy for luxury footwear retailer.
- Advising and assisting on social media and digital marketing strategies including the use of influencers to promote products and services.
- Supporting global technology consulting company on contractual negotiations when providing consultancy services.
- Advising pharmaceutical company on advertising aesthetic injectables to consumers, the use of before and after photos and substantiating claims made in marketing materials in line with the Advertising Codes.
- Advising on product claims in advertising, including in relation to environmental claims, recyclability, weight loss, therapeutic and medical claims.
- Advising health food manufacturer on product packaging requirements for perishable items.
- Advising on labelling and packaging requirements for video game and games console manufacturer.
- Providing advice on compliance with the UK Advertising Codes (CAP/BCAP), including in relation to advertising products and services to children.
- Assisting with Website workflow checks for consumer compliance (in particular in relation to acceptance processes).
- Providing general business to business commercial law and contractual advice on a range of commercial and technology agreements including, sales of goods and services (including professional services) agreements, framework agreements, consultancy agreements, collaboration agreements, Software as a Service, cloud agreements and on-premise licensing.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters
Associate, Deloitte Legal
Associate, Taylor Vinters
Trainee, Taylor Vinters
University of Warwick, European Law