Dominic is a Partner in the Employment department. He is known for his straightforward approach to solving complex employment law issues.
Dominic is focused on providing responsive, commercially valued input as a trusted business advisor, delivered in an approachable style without fuss or legal jargon.
He has significant experience in advising clients in a range of sectors including technology, pharmaceuticals, media and retail.
Dominic has particular expertise in advising employers in dealing with sensitive grievances, disciplinary issues or senior level exit. He provides clear guidance on achieving the best commercial outcome whilst managing legal, financial and reputational risk.
He is a calm, tactically astute litigator who is focused on defending his clients' interests, providing an accurate assessment of merits and recommending a proposed litigation or settlement strategy, without sitting on the fence.
Dominic also provides commercial advice on outsourcing and restructuring projects that may involve a TUPE transfer, redundancies or changes to employment terms. He is the author of "A Practical Guide to TUPE and Employee Transfers – Core Legal Principles, Tricky Issues and How It Really Works in Practice".
Dominic also has a particular interest in the future world of work and employment law reform. He contributes regularly to Government consultations and calls for evidence on proposed reforms in areas as varied as dismissal and re-engagement, the regulation of artificial intelligence and flexible working.
He is a member of the Employment Lawyers' Association and the Industrial Law Society.
Dominic has specific expertise in advising on:
- Managing difficult exits and non-compete issues relating to senior executives.
- Large-scale outsourcing and restructuring projects (including redundancy and TUPE issues).
- Sensitive grievance, disciplinary and performance management issues.
- The defence of employment litigation in the High Court and Employment Tribunal.
- Innovative employment models, the gig economy and the future world of work.
- International employment issues and multi-jurisdictional HR projects.
- Compliance with working time and holiday pay requirements.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Senior Associate, Olswang LLP
Associate, Olswang LLP
Trainee, Dechert LLP
University of Exeter, LL.B. Law and Diploma in Legal Practice