Leyla is a litigator in Mishcon Private acting for a wide variety of clients including corporates, families and high profile and high net worth individuals across a wide range of commercial disputes, privacy and reputation management issues.
She specialises in defamation and privacy issues and provides both claimants and defendants with both pre and post-publication advice, often on an urgent basis.
Before retraining as a lawyer, Leyla worked as a reporter, editor and news manager at a number of respected media organisations.
She has worked in London, Brussels, Paris and New York and speaks fluent French.
- Representing a client in a high-profile, multi-jurisdictional commercial dispute in the High Court.
- Representing a client in an international arbitration case.
- Protecting the reputation of prominent individuals who have been libelled in the public domain, successfully obtaining take-downs of defamatory material.
- Obtaining corrections and apologies for incorrect articles online and in print.
- Providing pre- and post-publication advice to media organisations.
- Advising on data protection issues.
- Advising clients in relation to a dispute with a school over safeguarding of their child.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School, LPC and GDL
North America Editor, Associated Press News Agency
Assistant Foreign Editor, The Independent
Brussels-based Reporter, The Times
Home News Reporter, The Times
Foreign Reporter, The Times
Foreign Desk Editor, The Times
Modern and Medieval Languages MA (Hons), Cambridge University