Leyla is a litigator in Mishcon Private. She advises companies and individuals across a wide range of commercial disputes and reputation management issues.
She specialises in defamation and privacy issues and provides both claimants and defendants with both pre and post-publication advice, often on an urgent basis.
Before retraining as a lawyer, Leyla previously worked as a reporter, editor and news manager at a number of respected media organisations.
She has worked in London, Brussels, Paris and New York and speaks fluent French.
- Representing a client in a high-profile, multi-jurisdictional commercial dispute in the High Court.
- Representing a client in an international arbitration case.
- Protecting the reputation of prominent individuals who have been libelled in the public domain.
- Obtaining corrections and apologies for incorrect articles online and in print.
- Providing pre- and post-publication advice to media organisations.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
North America Editor, Associated Press News Agency
Assistant Foreign Editor, The Independent
Brussels-based Reporter, European Voice
Brussels-based Reporter, The Times
Home News Reporter, The Times
Foreign Reporter, The Times
Foreign Desk Editor, The Times
Modern and Medieval Languages MA (Hons), Cambridge University