Stephanie is a Partner in the Private Commercial Litigation Team, with over ten years' experience advising UHNW clients and corporates in international commercial disputes.
The cases she advises on are typically multi-party, multi-jurisdictional disputes arising out of the breakdown in shareholder and investor relationships, joint ventures or family business arrangements. They frequently involve allegations of fraud, conspiracy or deceit and concurrent criminal proceedings, and defending or procuring asset freezing orders and disclosure orders. As such she works closely with foreign counsel and technical experts, including regarding asset tracing, seizure and enforcement issues. Stephanie has acted on several of the most substantial civil litigation proceedings before the High Court in recent years. She regularly coordinates large teams and manages complex and cross-border disclosure processes. She has notable experience of advising clients in disputes subject to arbitration under the LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL Rules.
Stephanie is particularly experienced in disputes involving parties from or with interests in Central Europe and the CIS. She has travelled extensively in those regions and is a regular speaker at conferences on issues of English law and arbitration relevant to local practitioners.
Before joining Mishcon de Reya in 2018, Stephanie trained at a leading global litigation firm, including spending time seconded overseas and to the EMEA litigation team of a London-based investment bank.
Stephanie is the Secretary and an Executive Committee member of the RCAN Arbitration Network, and chairs the British-Kazakh Society Law Group.
- Advising on a multi-jurisdictional, multibillion pound fraud claim brought by a foreign bank against an individual UHNW client in the English High Court, involving asset searches and freezes, insolvency proceedings and complex cross-border disclosure.
- Advising an individual client in a dispute with a former business partner concerning interests in a Ukrainian bank, and injunctive remedies.
- Advising a European-based oil trader in respect of a breach of contract dispute with an overseas counterparty, including regarding obtaining injunctive relief.
- Advising an UHNW individual on a shareholder dispute concerning a complex holding structure of South American and European entities.
- Advising clients on the search, seizure and recovery of assets from various jurisdictions across Europe, and the settlement of a connected shareholder dispute.
- Advising a HNW client in relation to insolvency and enforcement proceedings in England and Ukraine.
- Representing a state body in a multi-million Euro cross-border construction arbitration brought under ICC Rules.
- Acting in a High Court claim between two businessmen concerning assets in North Asia, which produced a key judgment on domicile in the jurisdictional context.
- Acting for a HNW businessman in their multi-million Euro claim in the High Court against a foreign bank, involving freezing orders and proceedings in a number of foreign jurisdictions.
- Acting for an UHNW client in a multibillion pound fraud dispute involving asset freezes, applications for contempt of court and satellite trust-related litigation.