Si Wei specialises in advising on cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Si Wei regularly advises private equity clients and multinational companies on major cross-border M&A, private equity, restructuring and joint venture transactions. His experience spans a range of industry sectors across South-East Asia, including consumer goods, healthcare and financial services.
Si Wei also has extensive experience advising fund managers on the establishment of capital raising platforms for real estate investments across Asia Pacific.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on its investment in SOHO Group, a leading pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing and distribution group in Indonesia.
- Advised a private equity investor on its proposed divestment of a significant minority stake in an Indonesian operator of specialist eye care hospitals and clinics.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on a significant pre-IPO investment in GarudaFood, an Indonesian consumer goods company.
- Advised a private equity investor on its proposed investment of a significant minority stake in an Indonesian-listed manufacturer of dairy products.
- Advised Ooredoo Group, a leading international telecommunications company, on the proposed merger of its Indonesian-listed subsidiary PT Indosat with PT Hutchison 3 Indonesia, an Indonesian subsidiary of CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd.
- Advised Utico FZC, the UAE’s leading private water and power utility provider with respect to the approximately S$3 billion restructuring of the Hyflux group, a Singapore-listed water and power conglomerate.
- Advised Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited on the integration of its Indonesian branch business (Bangkok Bank Indonesia) with PT Bank Permata Tbk.
- Advised a mobile financial services provider in Bangladesh on the proposed equity investment by a Chinese conglomerate.
- Advised ESR, a pan-Asia logistics real estate developer and fund manager, on the proposed establishment of various strategic partnerships/co-investment platforms in Asia, including:
- the formation of ESR Data Centre Fund 1, which raised over US$1 billion at its first closing for investments in data centre projects across Asia Pacific;
- its joint venture with STACK Infrastructure to develop a 48MW data centre site in Incheon, Korea;
- the formation of a perpetual core fund and joint venture amongst ESR, AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets (AXA IM), and a major sovereign wealth fund in connection with the acquisition of six logistics properties in Japan for over US$1 billion – ALB Japan Law Awards 2019's Real Estate Deal of the Year;
- its joint venture with Allianz Real Estate to establish a US$1 billion logistics investment platform in India;
- its capital raising and financing for Sachiura, a billion dollar distribution centre and one of the largest master-planned logistics parks in Japan; and
- the establishment of its Japan logistics development fund (RJLF3) with APG and another Asia-based sovereign wealth fund, and the acquisition by RJLF3 of various portfolio investments.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Counsel, White & Case LLP
Senior Associate, Clifford Chance LLP
Associate, Allen & Gledhill LLP
Senior Executive (Private Funds & Investor Relations), Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd
National University of Singapore, 2008, Bachelor of Laws (Hons)