Ross is a Partner in the Corporate department. He is a specialist in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions for both public and private companies. He advises on flotations, takeovers and placings, as well as shareholder matters in general such as shareholder requisitions. His sector experience is broad and includes hotels, property, financial services, IT, telecoms and media. Typical of the deals that he has advised on are Moor Park Real Estate's €863 million acquisition of Dutch and German hotel assets from Accor SA, London Town plc's £94 million AIM reverse acquisition of a portfolio of pubs and UMP plc on its $45 million scheme takeover by its parent. The latter is just one of a number of Indian companies he has acted for in connection with their listings on AIM.
Ross is a member of the Quoted Companies Alliance.
- Acting for the Minerva joint venture between Delancey and Ares Management on the sale of JPUT structure that owned The Walbrook Building for £575m.
- Acting for the seller of Bovey Castle Hotel, a 64-bedroom luxury Devon hotel and golf resort, to the Eden Hotel Collection, part of The Rigby Group.
- Advising Arden Partners plc, the nomad and broker of Mirada plc, an AIM-listed software company, on its £3.5 million secondary fundraising.
- Acting for Capital & Counties Properties PLC (Capco) on its £117 million acquisition of a 50% stake in the Empress State office building at Earls Court, from Land Securities Group PLC.
- Acting for City Financial Investment Company Limited on the acquisitions of the investment management business and certain assets of PCE Investors Limited and Eden Financial Limited.
- Advising UMP plc, an AIM-listed Indian-movie production company, and its independent directors on the US$45m recommended cross-border takeover by its Indian listed parent company UTV Software Communications Ltd, of the remaining 23% minority not already held by UTV.
- Advised London Town plc on its £94.57 million AIM reverse acquisition of a portfolio of 167 pubs.
- Advised the Caledonian Operating Company Limited on the corporate aspects of its £51.7 million acquisition of the landmark Caledonian Hotel in Edinburgh from the Hilton Hotels group.
- Advised Indian-listed company, Noida Toll Bridge Co Ltd, on its US$45 million GDR issue on AIM.
- Advised Norse Air Limited, a South African air charter and freight company, on a US$6 million investment by AIM listed Lonrho plc for 43 per cent stake.
- Advised Amteus plc, a VoIP provider, on its AIM flotation and £4 million fundraising.
- Advised Refined Holdings Limited on its acquisition of Kuwait Petroleum (G.B.) Limited.
- Advised Teather & Greenwood Limited, as nominated adviser, on the £5.25 million AIM secondary fundraising by Telephonetics plc. Advised TTG Europe plc on its £7.8 million placing and open offer.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Gouldens (now Jones Day)
Qualified, Richards Butler (now Reed Smith
Edinburgh University, Economics, MA (Hons)