India's high growth rate of recent years is increasingly seen as sustainable. As its economy grows, the country’s influence on the world economy will also. India, Indian businesses and businessmen are set to play a major role in trade and investment internationally, and the UK is expected to be an integral part of this economic revolution.
Our India Desk, consisting of lawyers from a wide variety of disciplines, has vast experience in providing a seamless service to clients involved with India. This includes clients based in India wishing to do business in the UK and Europe, as well as those expanding their operations into India.
- Acquisitions and Disposals
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Dispute Resolution/Arbitration
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Funds
- Joint Ventures
- Project Finance
- Real Estate
- Reputation Management
- Tax and Estate Planning.
We are members of the UK India Business Council (an evolution of the Indo British Partnership Network), which is backed by both governments and chaired by leading industry figures and was set up in 2005 to increase bilateral trade and investment between the UK and India.
- Godrej Consumer Products Limited, one of India's most rapidly growing Fast Moving Consumer Goods companies, on its acquisition of 100% ownership of Keyline Brands Limited.
- Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited, on a delisting of global depositary receipts (GDRs) from AIM.
- Acting for Yatra Capital and K2 Property with respect to the establishment of a Mauritius-based fund for investment in Indian real estate and subsequent €220m placing and listing on Euronext, and on the acquisition of an offshore development portfolio.
- Acting for Mauritius-based Saffron India Real Estate Fund on its first closing of $170m, which included a significant investment from Standard Life Investments.
- Acting for Indian retail mall developer Treasure World Developers Limited on a $100m fundraising.
- Acting for Crossover Capital with respect to the project financing of a $150m township development on 250 acres of land near Chennai, in Southern India.
- Acting for AIM-listed Great Eastern Energy with respect to ongoing corporate matters.
- Acting for DHFL Venture Capital with respect to the establishment of an offshore property portfolio.