Saul is a Partner in the Corporate department handling complex cross-border corporate finance transactions. His practice covers a broad spread of areas including equity capital markets, general corporate, public and private M&A and joint ventures.
He has advised on a number of UK and cross-border transactions in a wide range of sectors including minerals and mining, clean-tech, advertising, software, life sciences and consumer products.
Saul has particular experience advising international businesses raising money in the London and European markets and in a wide range of transactions in the metals and mining sector. These range from negotiating project development agreements in sub-Saharan Africa to leading multi-billion dollar M&A transactions with mining majors.
He also regularly advises companies on international joint ventures, particularly in the retail or franchise industries.
- Advising Al Mirqab Capital on the takeover of Heritage Oil Plc, through our client's wholly owned subsidiary Energy Investments Global Ltd. The takeover is valued at $1.5 billion.
- Acting for Tiziana Life Sciences in the AIM reverse takeover to acquire Tiziana Pharma Limited, a developer of novel therapeutics for cancer including metastatic cancers.
- Advising IBEX Global Solutions PLC on its placing and admission to trading on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising Digital Globe Services Ltd on its placing and admission to trading on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising Fleurette Properties Limited on the disposal of 49.5% of the share capital of Camrose Resources Limited.
- Advising on a number of joint venture and development agreements for copper/cobalt mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Advising on the admission of numerous over-seas companies on their admission to AIM and associated fund-raisings.
- Advising shareholders on the disposal of a controlling interest in CAMEC plc to ENRC Plc.
- Advising Econergy on its bid from Trading Emissions plc and subsequently Suez South America.
- Advising Inspired Gaming Plc on its listing on AIM by way of an accelerated IPO and associated fund raising.
- Advising a consortium of international investors on a tender offer to Dolphin Capital Investors Limited.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Reed Smith
Associate, Reed Smith
Trainee and Associate, Allen & Overy
University of Oxford (Exeter College)