Our employment law experts have successfully led some of the most high profile, high value and complex bonus dispute cases. We maintain a commercial approach to what you can achieve, outlining the personal, financial and time investment that will be involved. We exercise pragmatism where required, and are adept at applying proportionate force at the appropriate time.
Reputation management is important to our clients and to this end we will always take a carefully considered view. We work towards a result that enables our clients to move on, with our approach constantly mindful of longer term needs and goals.
Litigating disputes is only one side of the coin. Regardless of whether bonus arrangements are discretionary or formulaic, getting it right at the outset is vital to avoid disputes. We work with both employers and employees to draft, review and negotiate remuneration packages and bonus arrangements. We are also well versed in reviewing and advising on complex malus and clawback provisions operated by many financial institutions.
- Acting for the Co-operative Group and Co-operative Bank in connection with an investigation against a former chairman and successfully obtaining a strike out of 15 claims brought against the Co-operative Bank in connection with a failure to pay bonuses.
- Acted in Dresdner Kleinwort & Commerzbank AG v Attill & Others & Anar & Others  EWCA Civ 394, a highly publicised three year battle in the High Court relating to €50m in unpaid retention bonuses.
- Acted in Fish & Others v Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd  IRLR 1035, a landmark City bonus case.
- Advising a Senior Managing Director at JP Morgan Chase in relation to allegations of wrongdoing made against him by JP Morgan, and an attempt by JP Morgan Chase to claw back compensation paid to him during his employment with the bank.
- Acted in Steven Horkulak v Cantor Fitzgerald  IRLR 756, a landmark constructive dismissal, bullying and City bonus case.