James is a Managing Associate in the Corporate Department. James focuses on private equity transactions with extensive experience acting for management teams and owner/founder-managers, as well as private equity institutions and investee companies.
James also provides general advisory and transactional services to corporate businesses and entrepreneurs with his practice covering a variety of sectors including financial services, recruitment, retail and oil and gas.
Advising Golfbreaks, a market leader in golf travel, on a minority investment in it by the PGA TOUR, the world’s premier membership organisation for touring professional golfers.
Advising the reinvesting senior management team of Omar Group Limited on the management buy-out of Omar Group Limited backed by Rutland Partners.
- Acted for Chamonix Private Equity and management as both sellers and as reinvesting management on the secondary buy out of Mettis Aerospace backed by Stirling Square Capital Partners.
- Advising Barclays Natural Resources and the management sellers on the secondary buyout of UK Power Reserve (Holdings) Limited by a company backed by Equistone Private Equity and Inflexion Private Equity.
- Advising the management sellers on the subsequent sale by them (and Equistone Private Equity and Inflexion Private Equity) of UK Power Reserve (Holdings) Limited to Sembcorp Industries.
- Advising the sellers and management team of Hemisphere Yachting on the buyout of Hemisphere Yachting to Lonsdale Capital Partners.
- Advising Golfbreaks Limited on the sale of its division Teeofftimes to Comcast Corporation, an American mass media company and one of the largest broadcasting and cable companies in the world.
- Advising Quotient Bioresearch Group Limited in relation to the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary Pharmaceutical Profiles Group Limited to BDC Bidco 62 Limited.
- Advising on the management buy-out by the senior executive team of the specialist international telecoms recruiter Penta Consulting.
- Acted for the management team on the buy-out by ECI Partners of specialist online home insurer Avantia Insurance Ltd.
- Acted for the management team of Agencyport Software Europe Limited (Agencyport Europe) on the £64.1 million disposal to Xchanging plc.
- Acting for a UK home builder group on its sale to a private equity group and investment management company which valued the group at £210m.
- Advising Risk Capital Partners on the MBO of Bread Holdings.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Dundas & Wilson LLP
Trainee, Dundas & Wilson LLP
The College of Law - Guildford, LPC
University of Exeter, Law (LLB)