James is a Managing Associate in the Corporate Department. James focuses on private equity transactions with extensive experience acting for management teams and owner/founder-managers, as well as private equity institutions and investee companies.
James also provides general advisory and transactional services to corporate businesses and entrepreneurs with his practice covering a variety of sectors including financial services, recruitment, retail and oil and gas.
- Advising the reinvesting senior management team of Omar Group Limited on the management buy-out of Omar Group Limited backed by Rutland Partners.
- Acted for Chamonix Private Equity and management as both sellers and as reinvesting management on the secondary buy out of Mettis Aerospace backed by Stirling Square Capital Partners.
- Advising Barclays Natural Resources and the management sellers on the secondary buyout of UK Power Reserve (Holdings) Limited by a company backed by Equistone Private Equity and Inflexion Private Equity.
- Advising the management sellers on the subsequent sale by them (and Equistone Private Equity and Inflexion Private Equity) of UK Power Reserve (Holdings) Limited to Sembcorp Industries.
- Advising the sellers and management team of Hemisphere Yachting on the buyout of Hemisphere Yachting to Lonsdale Capital Partners.
- Advising Golfbreaks Limited on the sale of its division Teeofftimes to Comcast Corporation, an American mass media company and one of the largest broadcasting and cable companies in the world.
- Advising Quotient Bioresearch Group Limited in relation to the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary Pharmaceutical Profiles Group Limited to BDC Bidco 62 Limited.
- Advising on the management buy-out by the senior executive team of the specialist international telecoms recruiter Penta Consulting.
- Acted for the management team on the buy-out by ECI Partners of specialist online home insurer Avantia Insurance Ltd.
- Acted for the management team of Agencyport Software Europe Limited (Agencyport Europe) on the £64.1 million disposal to Xchanging plc.
- Acting for a UK home builder group on its sale to a private equity group and investment management company which valued the group at £210m.
- Advising Risk Capital Partners on the MBO of Bread Holdings.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Dundas & Wilson LLP
Trainee, Dundas & Wilson LLP
The College of Law - Guildford, LPC
University of Exeter, Law (LLB)