James is an Associate in the Corporate Department. He advises on a full range of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and capital growth investments.
His experience covers a wide range of sectors including food and beverage, property services, IT and oil and gas.
- Acted for Chamonix Private Equity and management as both sellers and as reinvesting management on the secondary buy out of Mettis Aerospace backed by Stirling Square Capital Partners.
- Advising Barclays Natural Resources and the management sellers on the secondary buyout of UK Power Reserve (Holdings) Limited by a company backed by Equistone Private Equity and Inflexion Private Equity.
- Advising the sellers and management team of Hemisphere Yachting on the buyout of Hemisphere Yachting to Lonsdale Capital Partners.
- Advising Golfbreaks Limited on the sale of its division Teeofftimes to Comcast Corporation, an American mass media company and one of the largest broadcasting and cable companies in the world.
- Advising Quotient Bioresearch Group Limited in relation to the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary Pharmaceutical Profiles Group Limited to BDC Bidco 62 Limited.
- Advised the Paris office of Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP on the English law aspects of the acquisition by LFF Real Estate Partners Limited (a joint venture between Forum Holdings B.V. and La Francaise Real Estate Managers SAS) of Cushman & Wakefield Investors Limited and Cushman & Wakefield Investors (Finance) Limited.
- Advising Aurium Real Estate London Ultra Prime Fund Plc on the sale of Ledbury Park Limited, a property owning company and the acquisition of five properties in Bayswater Road and Queensway, W2.
- Advising on the management buy-out by the senior executive team of the specialist international telecoms recruiter Penta Consulting.
- Acted for the management team on the buy-out by ECI Partners of specialist online home insurer Avantia Insurance Ltd.
- Acted for the management team of Agencyport Software Europe Limited (Agencyport Europe) on the £64.1 million disposal to Xchanging plc.
- Advising Acturis Ltd on the acquisition of Nordic Insurance Software (NIS), a provider of insurance software in the travel and assistance, expatriate and health insurance markets.
- Acting for a UK home builder group on its sale to a private equity group and investment management company which valued the group at £210m.
- Advising high net worth individuals in their growth capital investment in an IT cloud business.
- Advising high net worth individuals in their growth capital investment in a start-up restaurant business.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Dundas & Wilson LLP
Trainee, Dundas & Wilson LLP
The College of Law - Guildford, LPC
University of Exeter, Law (LLB)