Andrew is a Partner in the firm's Innovation department and leads our M:Tech initiative, offering mentoring, guidance and legal advice for early-stage tech companies.
He specialises in advising founders and entrepreneurs, tech start-ups and SMEs on fundraising, corporate governance, shareholder disputes, corporate arrangements and a broad range of commercial and contractual matters. He is also a highly experienced transactional lawyer, advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders' agreements and complex commercial contracts.
Andrew was called to the Bar in 2001 before transferring to become a solicitor and qualifying in 2003. He takes a frank and commercial approach to advising his clients, who rely on his counsel and his ability to act as a sounding board on matters affecting all aspects of their business.
He has advised businesses in a diverse range of industries, including fintech, healthcare, education, fashion and brands, retail and charities.
Through M:Tech, Andrew heads up our legal mentoring programme for early-stage tech companies and runs legal surgeries, workshops and office hours for young tech businesses seeking guidance on legal matters, including for Capital Enterprise and Conception X.
Andrew is also intimately involved in all aspects of the firm's graduate recruitment process and vacation scheme, including interviewing, assessing and supervising students and trainees. He has delivered numerous training sessions and thought leadership talks, both internally for the Mishcon Academy and externally at universities and law schools.
- Advised finTech start-up Payhawk Limited, the integrated financial platform which unifies company payments and expense management, on raising $100 million to extend its Series B round to $215 million, having previously advised on its Series B funding in November 2021 of $115 million and its $20 million Series A round in April 2021. The extension round was raised at a valuation of $1 billion, making Payhawk the first Bulgarian company to achieve unicorn status. The round was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, with participation from Payhawk's existing investors including Greenoaks Capital, QED Investors and Earlybird Digital East.
- Advised edtech start-up Erase All Kittens on the strategic investment by Twinkl Educational Publishing.
- Advised edutainment start-up Bright Little Labs Limited on the strategic investment by Turner International’s Digital Ventures & Innovation group for a significant minority stake and related ongoing commercial arrangements.
- Advised Stylus Media Group Limited, the online subscription service providing intelligence to a number of industries including retail, technology and hospitality, on the initial investment by Hearst Interactive Media for a minority stake; subsequent strategic acquisitions and ongoing business and commercial arrangements.
- Advised experienced entrepreneurs Stephen and Janie Schaffer on their acquisition of iconic Italian fashion brand "Fiorucci" and international trade marks and assets from Edwin Co. Ltd, a Japanese subsidiary of ITOCHU Corporation (the global corporation listed on the Tokyo stock exchange) and their ongoing commercial arrangements in financing and re-launching the brand.
- Advised WNS Global Services (UK) Limited on the establishment of a new ABS law firm and on their subsequent commercial arrangements with a major national legal services marketing organisation.
- Advised registered charity The London Jewish Cultural Centre on its merger with JW3 Trust Limited and related commercial arrangements.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Called to the Bar, Middle Temple
Leeds University, English BA (Hons)