Andrew is a Partner in the firm's Corporate department, with a specific focus on working with young technology companies, founders and investors.
He specialises in advising tech start-ups, entrepreneurs and early-stage investors on fundraising, corporate governance, shareholder disputes, corporate arrangements and a broad range of commercial and contractual matters. He is also a highly experienced transactional lawyer, advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders' agreements and complex commercial contracts.
He takes a frank, no-nonsense and pragmatic approach to advising his clients, who rely on his counsel and his ability to act as a sounding board on matters affecting all aspects of their business and across a diverse range of industries, including fintech, healthcare, education, fashion brands and charities.
Andrew leads our M:Tech initiative, offering mentoring, guidance and legal advice for early-stage companies. He also runs legal surgeries, workshops and office hours for young tech businesses seeking guidance on legal matters, including for Capital Enterprise and Conception X.
Andrew is intimately involved in all aspects of the firm's graduate recruitment process and vacation scheme, including interviewing, assessing and supervising students and trainees. He has delivered numerous training sessions and thought leadership talks, both internally for the Mishcon Academy and externally at universities and law schools.
- Advised femtech start-up Amilis on its pre-seed fundraising round, which was led by early-stage VC Ascension. Amilis is a groundbreaking digital egg-freezing platform that empowers women to take control of their fertility journey, supporting women in understanding their fertility and helping them to find the ideal clinic tailored to their needs. They offer free consultations from leading clinics in London and guide women throughout the egg-freezing process.
- Advised customer engagement platform Odore, on its US$5 million seed round, led by Seed VC Fuel Ventures with participation from existing investors including Blackfinch. The Odore platform offers a range of innovative solutions which integrate data analytics to enable D2C brands to drive brand effectiveness in customer acquisition and engagement across various online channels. Their clients include world-leading brands L'Oreal, Clarins and Sephora.
- Advised finTech start-up Payhawk Limited, the integrated financial platform which unifies company payments and expense management, on raising $100 million to extend its Series B round to $215 million, having previously advised on its Series B funding in November 2021 of $115 million and its $20 million Series A round in April 2021. The extension round was raised at a valuation of $1 billion, making Payhawk the first Bulgarian company to achieve unicorn status. The round was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, with participation from Payhawk's existing investors including Greenoaks Capital, QED Investors and Earlybird Digital East.
- Advised edtech start-up Erase All Kittens on the strategic investment by Twinkl Educational Publishing.
- Advised edutainment start-up Bright Little Labs Limited on the strategic investment by Turner International’s Digital Ventures & Innovation group for a significant minority stake and related ongoing commercial arrangements.
- Advised Stylus Media Group Limited, the online subscription service providing intelligence to a number of industries including retail, technology and hospitality, on the initial investment by Hearst Interactive Media for a minority stake; subsequent strategic acquisitions and ongoing business and commercial arrangements.
- Advised experienced entrepreneurs Stephen and Janie Schaffer on their acquisition of iconic Italian fashion brand "Fiorucci" and international trade marks and assets from Edwin Co. Ltd, a Japanese subsidiary of ITOCHU Corporation (the global corporation listed on the Tokyo stock exchange) and their ongoing commercial arrangements in financing and re-launching the brand.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Called to the Bar, Middle Temple
Leeds University, English BA (Hons)