Will is a Partner, Knowledge Lawyer in the Employment department, dealing with contentious and non-contentious matters. He acts for employers and employees, and many of his clients come from media, advertising and the finance industry. He is a member of the firm's Recruitment group, advising recruitment agencies in relation to all types of employment issues, and a member of the firm's Technology group.
Will has considerable experience drafting and negotiating service and settlement agreements. He has acted in claims involving discrimination, wrongful and unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and restrictive covenants. He also advises on the employment aspects of real estate and corporate transactions (in particular, in relation to TUPE).
He regularly advises senior executives and employers in relation to the drafting of service agreements, bonus provisions and compromise agreements. He also advises LLPs and members of LLPs on their rights and obligations and provides day to day HR advisory advice to employer clients on all aspects of employment law including redundancies, "family friendly" policies, holiday entitlements, data protection, and conduct, performance and sickness management.
Will has a particular interest in training and development, speaks regularly at client seminars and writes on a range of legal topics. He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association. Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, he worked in the film and television industry for several years.
- Acting for a fund management company in respect of a significant whistleblowing claim brought by a former employee
- Acting for a fund management company in relation to a disability discrimination claim brought by one of its senior officers
- Advising a senior executive in an FCA regulated entity accused of serious regulatory breaches
- Advising on an acquisition of a multinational business, operating in 63 jurisdictions
- Advising an investment fund in relation to allegations of fraud against its CEO
- Sitting on the legal advisory subcommittee of a trade federation for the recruitment industry in respect of the Agency Workers Directive
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Dechert LLP
Trainee, Dechert LLP
Newcastle University, BA English Literature
Articles and Publications
Will regularly speaks at external seminars on topics such as the Bribery Act, the difference between banter and harassment, employment law updates, and social media and the employment relationship.
He regularly drafts articles for publications, which have included Property Week, In-House Lawyer, Real Business Magazine, and the Employment Law Journal.