Kevin is a Partner and Chair of the Corporate department. With over 20 years' experience in M&A and private equity, he has built a strong reputation in both UK and international transactional work. Kevin's clients include business owners, equity investors, family offices, corporates and management teams. His practice spans a wide range of sectors including technology/software; hospitality & retail; sport & leisure; media & entertainment and financial services. Kevin is a member of the Firm’s team focussing on the law and regulation surrounding Drones/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
On joining the Firm in 2005 Kevin established the Firm's Private Equity Group and guided it to its current position as a leading, mid-market, management advisory practice, leading to him being named in The Lawyer's Hot 100 2021, which recognises the most daring, creative and innovative lawyers. The Legal 500 identifies Kevin as a leading Private Equity lawyer, describing him as "responsive, very capable and solution focused".
Clients look to Kevin for strategic counsel and tactical input on a wide range of commercial and legal matters including transaction negotiations and related disputes. Much of his activity is international in its nature, in relation to which he has particular experience in the Asia Pacific and South East Asia regions. He advises overseas clients on UK matters as well as UK parties on their international investment strategy and activity.
Kevin is a Notary Public and also currently sits as a director of Union Chapel, a leading live events organisation which funds and supports associated social and charitable programmes.
- Advised the principal sellers of Calastone, the world's largest funds network, on the sale of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group.
- Advised Advanced Computer Software Group Limited on its acquisition of:
- Hudman Solutions
- Science Warehouse Limited
- Oyez Professional Services Ltd
- CareWorks Technology Holding Limited
- Clear Review
- Advised the management team of Ink Global on the sale of a majority stake in the company to The Stagwell Group.
- Advised Belcan International Limited on its acquisition of Omega Engineering Services Limited.
- Advised Scottish Equity Partners and Business Growth Fund on their sale of Workshare Technology Holdings Limited to Litera Microsystem (a portfolio company of Hg Capital).
- Advised Allocate Software Limited (a portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners and Hg Capital) on its acquisition of 247 Time Limited.
- Advised the management team of Stork Self Storage (Holdings) Limited (t.a. Alligator Self Storage) in relation to the sale of the company to Safestore plc.
- Advised McKinsey & Co in relation to strategic matters in the private equity sector.
- Advised Belcan International Limited on its acquisition of Lagoni Engineering Limited.
- Advised the founders and management team of Trafalgar Entertainment Group Limited in relation to an investment by Barings Private Equity.
- Advised National Car Parks Limited on its acquisition of Empark UK Limited.
- Advised Simpleview LLC on its acquisition of Tourism Media Limited.
- Advised Remote DBA Experts, LLC (backed by Madison Dearborn Partners) on its acquisition of Clckwrk Ltd.
- Advised the founders and management team of Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG) in relation to exit arrangements with Providence Equity Partners.
- Advised National Car Parks Limited on the acquisition of S&K Car Park Management Limited.
- Advised the management team of Agencyport Software Europe Limited on the £64.1 million disposal to Xchanging plc.
- Advised Calastone Limited in relation to its US$18m investment by Accel Partners and Octopus Investments.
- Advised numerous stakeholders in the Formula One and wider motor sports sector, including:
- Marussia Motors, on the acquisition of a majority stake in the Virgin Formula 1 racing team (which became Marussia F1 Team) from Lloyds Development Capital.
- the joint administrators of the Force India Formula One Team in relation to the sale of the team's business and assets to Racing Point Limited.
- Marussia F1 Team on all aspects of its participation in the F1 championships (2011-2014) including various transactional and operational matters: the purchase of the Formula 1 business of WRT Technology Limited, driver contracts, fundraising, sponsorship agreements and regulatory issues.
- the joint administrators of Manor Formula 1 Team in relation to the cessation of the team.
- the joint administrators of the Caterham F1 Team in relation to FOM and FIA contractual matters and driver contracts.
- Advised Victory Electronic Cigarettes Corporation on the acquisition of Must Have Limited (trading as "VIP") for US$50 million.
- Advised the majority shareholder of Central Asia Petroleum Ltd, the holding company of JSC MangistauMunaiGaz, in relation to the US$3.3 billion disposal of a 100% stake to Mangistau Investments (a joint venture between China National Petroleum Corporation and KazMunaiGas).
Partner, Chair of Corporate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Qualified, McGrigor Donald
Glasgow University LLB (Hons)
St John's College, Oxford - BCL