Kevin is a Partner in the Corporate department and is Head of Mishcon de Reya's Private Equity group. He has established a strong reputation for advising management and investee companies as well as equity finance providers.
A significant part of Kevin's practice is in advising business executives, family offices, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. Clients look to him for strategic counsel and tactical input on a wide range of commercial and legal matters including transaction negotiations and related disputes. Much of Kevin's activity is international in its nature; he advises overseas clients on UK matters as well as UK parties on their international investment strategy and activity.
Kevin's practice spans a wide range of sectors including technology, retail, sport & leisure and financial services.
The Legal 500 identifies Kevin as a leading Private Equity lawyer, describing him as a "responsive, very capable and solution focused" practitioner.
Kevin is also a Notary Public.
- Advised the management team of Agencyport Software Europe Limited (Agencyport Europe) on the £64.1 million disposal to Xchanging plc.
- Advised Calastone Limited in relation to its $18m investment by Accel Partners and Octopus Investments.
- Advised Scottish Equity Partners and Business Growth Fund on their £20 million co-investment of growth capital in SkyDox Limited and on their second and third round co-investments in SkyDox Limited.
- Advised Limited Brands in relation to the acquisition of La Senza UK by the Alshaya retail group from Lion Capital.
- Advised the owner of Russian supercar manufacturer, Marussia Motors, on the acquisition of a majority stake in the Virgin Formula 1 racing team (which became Marussia F1 Team) from Lloyds Development Capital, and in negotiating refinancing deals with LDC in respect of Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited the operator of the Marussia F1 Team.
- Advised Victory Electronic Cigarettes Corporation on the acquisition of Must Have Limited (trading as "VIP") for US$50 million.
- Advised the majority shareholder of Central Asia Petroleum Ltd, the holding company of Kazakhstan's largest privately-owned oil company, JSC MangistauMunaiGaz in relation to the US$3.3 billion disposal of a 100% stake in MMG to Mangistau Investments (a joint venture between China National Petroleum Corporation and KazMunaiGas).
- Advised Marussia F1 Team in relation to various transactional and operational matters, including the purchase of the Formula 1 design, manufacture and supply function of WRT Technology Limited, driver contracts, fundraising through various proposed investors and regulatory issues.
- Advised the Joint Administrators of Caterham F1 Team (in administration) in relation to FOM and FIA contractual matters and driver contracts.
- Advised the owners/sellers of Beatthatquote.com Limited on their disposal to Google Inc. for a sum of $61.5 million.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Qualified, McGrigor Donald
Glasgow University LLB (Hons)
St John's College, Oxford - BCL