Kevin is a Partner and Chair of the Corporate department. With over 20 years' experience in M&A and private equity, he has built a strong reputation in both UK and international transactional work. Kevin's clients include business owners, equity investors, family offices, corporates and management teams. His practice spans a wide range of sectors including technology/software; hospitality & retail; sport & leisure; media & entertainment and financial services.
On joining the Firm in 2005 Kevin established the Firm's Private Equity Group and guided it to its current position as a leading, mid-market, management advisory practice. The Legal 500 identifies Kevin as a leading Private Equity lawyer, describing him as "responsive, very capable and solution focused".
Clients look to Kevin for strategic counsel and tactical input on a wide range of commercial and legal matters including transaction negotiations and related disputes. Much of his activity is international in its nature, in relation to which he has particular experience in the Asia Pacific and South East Asia regions. He advises overseas clients on UK matters as well as UK parties on their international investment strategy and activity.
Kevin is a Notary Public and also currently sits as a director of Union Chapel, a leading live events organisation which funds and supports associated social and charitable programmes.
Advising Remote DBA Experts, LLC (backed by Madison Dearborn Partners) on its acquisition of Clckwrk Ltd.
Advised the management team of Agencyport Software Europe Limited (Agencyport Europe) on the £64.1 million disposal to Xchanging plc.
- Advised Calastone Limited in relation to its $18m investment by Accel Partners and Octopus Investments.
- Advised Scottish Equity Partners and Business Growth Fund on their £20 million co-investment of growth capital in SkyDox Limited and on their second and third round co-investments in SkyDox Limited.
- Advised Limited Brands in relation to the acquisition of La Senza UK by the Alshaya retail group from Lion Capital.
- Advised the owner of Russian supercar manufacturer, Marussia Motors, on the acquisition of a majority stake in the Virgin Formula 1 racing team (which became Marussia F1 Team) from Lloyds Development Capital, and in negotiating refinancing deals with LDC in respect of Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited the operator of the Marussia F1 Team.
- Advised Victory Electronic Cigarettes Corporation on the acquisition of Must Have Limited (trading as "VIP") for US$50 million.
- Advised the majority shareholder of Central Asia Petroleum Ltd, the holding company of Kazakhstan's largest privately-owned oil company, JSC MangistauMunaiGaz in relation to the US$3.3 billion disposal of a 100% stake in MMG to Mangistau Investments (a joint venture between China National Petroleum Corporation and KazMunaiGas).
- Advised Marussia F1 Team in relation to various transactional and operational matters, including the purchase of the Formula 1 design, manufacture and supply function of WRT Technology Limited, driver contracts, fundraising through various proposed investors and regulatory issues.
- Advised the Joint Administrators of Caterham F1 Team (in administration) in relation to FOM and FIA contractual matters and driver contracts.
- Advised the owners/sellers of Beatthatquote.com Limited on their disposal to Google Inc. for a sum of $61.5 million.
Partner, Chair of Corporate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Qualified, McGrigor Donald
Glasgow University LLB (Hons)
St John's College, Oxford - BCL