Emily Knight is an Associate in the Employment department.
She advises employers and employees on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law, including unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing, redundancies, restrictive covenants, terminations and day-to-day HR issues.
She has experience of both High Court and Employment Tribunal litigation and advises clients across a number of business sectors including financial services, insurance, technology, fashion and retail.
Emily is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Acted for a senior broker defending a high-value restrictive covenant/team move case in the High Court, including injunction proceedings.
- Acted for a charity defending an unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claim in the Employment Tribunal, which involved complex issues around employment status.
- Acted for a large insurer in successfully defending a constructive dismissal claim in the Employment Tribunal.
- Advising on individual and collective redundancy and TUPE processes.
- Advising on terminations, including drafting and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Drafting and advising on contractual employment documentation including contracts, consultancy agreements, secondment agreements, staff handbooks, and policies and procedures.
- Providing day-to-day HR advisory advice to employers, including in relation to disciplinary and grievance procedures, sickness absence and employee data issues.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Clyde & Co LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Clyde & Co LLP (Qualified September 2013)
Cambridge, MA (Cantab) English Literature