Anna specialises in working for both claimants and defendants in litigation and civil fraud investigations. Her work covers a variety of commercial disputes including breach of fiduciary duties, claims of deceit, fraud by misrepresentation, wrongful and fraudulent trading, asset tracing, bribery and secret profits. Anna has experience in defending worldwide asset freezing injunctions, delivery-up orders and search orders. She often works on complex, high value fraud cases with large scale document review and investigation with a view to tracing assets, often through trust entities and involving multi-jurisdictional elements. Many of Anna's cases involve working in circumstances where the defendant is also under investigation by criminal (including UK and Interpol), tax or regulatory authorities.
She is a Committee member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and a member of the Fraud Women's Network, Female Fraud Forum and London Solicitor Litigators Association.
- Acted for an individual against his former tax advisers, including an application for an account, breach of fiduciary duties, breach of FSMA 2000, and asset tracing.
- Assisted with the successful defence of an individual against his former employer against a freezing order in a civil High Court fraud claim for breach of employment contract and wrongful trading. Acted alongside parallel criminal proceedings.
- Assisted with the defence of an individual against a freezing and delivery up order, including a civil High Court claim for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Acted for a company who was the victim of a vishing fraud including liaising with the Financial Ombudsman.
- Assisted with the defence of an individual against claims for breach of fiduciary duties, fraudulent misappropriation, an equitable account and forgery.
- Acting for a defendant in a UK based ancillary claim to US proceedings for the civil forfeiture of assets involving international money laundering with the traceable proceeds of misappropriated funds and an international freezing injunction.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
Legal Practice Course and Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
MA Joint Honours in English and Art History, University of St Andrews