Nyree is a Managing Associate in Mishcon Private.
Nyree specialises in UK probate and estate administration. Nyree's work generally entails some cross border element; receiving instructions from both UK and non-UK executors or other legal representatives, in respect of estates that comprise a mix of UK and non-UK assets. Nyree's work ranges from applications for UK Grants, to co-ordination of complex international estates, working with foreign advisers to secure control and ultimately distribute the deceased's assets to their beneficiaries.
Nyree also has many years of experience in advising UK and non-UK individuals and professional trustees, on estate planning and asset structuring matters; including establishment and administration of trusts and other asset holding structures, family governance, trustees' duties and powers, and UK taxes affecting such individuals and family structures.
Nyree has been a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) since 2005. She is also a certified Medallion Stamp guarantor under the Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Programe (STAMP).
Nyree was named as one of ePrivateClient's first Top 35 under 35 in 2009.
- Acting for the UK executors of a British born individual with US assets. Work included the co-ordination of US estate tax and probate advice for high value share options in a US registered company, advising on the distribution of the share options in a tax efficient manner and securing the ability to exercise the share options before the US federal transfer certificate was issued.
- Acting for a US trust company in its role as lead executor of the estate of a US born individual with a London home. Work included advising on the estate's UK inheritance tax liability and available reliefs, taking into account the deceased's foreign domicile, terms of the Will and the US/UK double tax treaty; and applying for UK probate with a US Will.
- Acting for UK executors of a British born individual's estate. Work included working with the deceased's US legal advisers and US investment managers to release the deceased's US based investment portfolio; advising on the termination of the deceased' trust lifetime interest; and successfully claiming IHT relief on multiple lifetime gifts made by the deceased, saving the estate over £90,000 in IHT.
- Acting for the estate of a UK business owner, with business interests in the UK, USA and Ireland. Work included successfully claiming 100% business property relief in relation to the deceased's UK business; as well as co-ordinating legal advice in the USA and Ireland.
- Acting for a UK professional executor of a UK resident, Austrian born individual with no close family and no one with knowledge of the deceased's personal affairs. Work included investigative work in seeking to establish the deceased's assets and liabilities, locating distant relative beneficiaries in Austria and Germany, working with legal advisers in Austria and successfully claiming charity relief for IHT in relation to a gift of Austrian land to an Austrian convent.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Wessing
Senior Associate, Penningtons Manches
Senior Associate, Taylor Wessing
Trainee Solicitor, Speechly Bircham
Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners, STEP Diploma in Trusts & Estates – England & Wales
College of Law, Guildford, CPE and LPC
University of Birmingham, BA Hispanic Studies