Andrew is a Partner in Mishcon Private and heads up the Tax group. He advises high net worth UK and international families and trustees on all aspects of UK and offshore tax, succession planning and trusts. He regularly advises on residence and domicile issues including the statutory residence test, business investment relief and the locations of offshore trusts. He advises on philanthropy and the establishment of charitable trusts and foundations. His diverse range of clients cover all sectors and ages and include many high profile names.
Andrew also advises entrepreneurs and key executives on relevant tax reliefs and tax efficient investments, such as IHT Business Property Relief, CGT Entrepreneurs Relief, Enterprise Investment Schemes and Venture Capital Trusts.
He is a published author on tax and estate planning, has written numerous articles and is quoted widely in the national press. Andrew has been included in the Citywealth Leaders List since 2010 and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Andrew is a member of the Almeida Theatre Development Council.
Andrew trained at Lawrence Graham (now Gowling WLG) where he spent a further three years in the firm's tax department. He then moved to accountancy firm RSM Robson Rhodes (now Grant Thornton) where he specialised in capital taxes advice for entrepreneurs. In 1999 he was asked to set up Freeman Business Information plc where he held the post of managing director for four years. Andrew joined Mishcon de Reya in 2003.
- Providing ongoing support and advice to the family office of a multi-national ultra-high net worth family on their UK tax and structuring. The family are based across four jurisdictions (including the UK) with assets and businesses across eleven jurisdictions.
- Advising a Chinese billionaire property developer on his UK tax and estate planning including how to structure the purchase and ownership of a very high value UK residential property.
- Advising a UK resident non-UK domiciled individual on his UK tax and dynastic planning. In particular we have been advising on the creation of three separate tailor-made offshore trusts for different classes of beneficiaries.
- Providing tax advice to the daughters of a major political figure including working with the Immigration Group to ensure that our tax advice dovetails with a move to the UK under the UK's Investor Visa scheme.
- Providing ongoing advice to the owner of a leading luxury goods company including preparing an extensive disclosure to HMRC under the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility (LDF).
- Advising a high profile Asian politician on how to simplify a complicated trust structure.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Director, Freeman Business Information plc
RSM Robson Rhodes (specialising in capital taxes advice for entrepreneurs)
Solicitor, Lawrence Graham (Tax Department)
Articled Clerk, Lawrence Graham
College of Law, Guildford
Cambridge University (Law)
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
Articles by Andrew Goldstone published in 'Property Week,' 'The Art Newspaper', 'High Net Worth Journal', 'Taxation', 'Private Client Business' and several other professional journals.
Joint author of McKie on Reinvestment Relief (2nd ed, Butterworths 1997) and the UK chapter of PLC Cross-Border Private Client Handbook (2010).