The hospitality and leisure industry spans numerous sub-sectors including hotels, pubs and restaurants, travel, sport and gaming, all of which are sensitive to the regulatory landscape, technical innovation and consumer confidence.
With mounting pressure to evolve innovatively and deliver quality and value in a highly competitive sector, the industry is increasingly engaging more with its consumers on a multichannel basis through social media and mobile technologies.
Our Hospitality & Leisure Group understand the challenges facing all participants in this sector. We regularly advise developers, operators, owners, landlords and investors - from start-ups to prestigious hotel groups and Michelin starred restaurants - on a full range of legal services including Corporate, Real Estate, Commercial and Intellectual Property.
We are passionate about helping our clients to grow their businesses, and have expertise across a wide range of areas from brand development and acquiring or leasing property to employing staff, and negotiating with suppliers, clients or customers.
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Company structuring
- Raising finance
- Real estate
- Brand protection and exploitation
- Commercial contracts
- Regulatory advice
- Advising a Michelin starred restaurant on UK and international corporate and commercial matters.
- Advising Manhattan Loft Corporation on the Chiltern Firehouse restaurant and hotel in Marylebone, which was redeveloped in a joint venture with New York hotelier Andre Balazs.
- Acting for Novikov Restaurant Group on its lease of 50 Berkeley Street in Mayfair, Russian restaurateur Arkady Novikov's first foray into the London restaurant scene.
- Acting for Capco in relation to a lease to a well-known restaurant chain
- Representing a celebrity chef on reputational issues and in a high-profile dispute.
- Representing a well-known restaurant chain on its international franchise rollout and complex trade mark licensing and product development arrangements for the launch of its branded products in retail stores.
- Acting for Carluccio's on its multi-territory franchising arrangements for the Middle East.
- Representing Chaperill Limited on the acquisition of the assets of Paris House Restaurant, Bedfordshire's only Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Advising Domino's Pizza Switzerland AG on the sale of its Swiss assets to Domino's Pizza Group plc.
- Acting for Buddha Bar Limited in relation to the restructuring of its business and, once the company entered into administration, advising its joint administrators.
- Successfully acting for a Burger King multiple franchisee in a breach of contract claim brought against it by Burger King.
- Representing the artist Raefaella Fletcher in relation to her copyright infringement claim in artwork in McDonald's restaurants.