The careful structuring and negotiation of corporate banking facilities is essential, not only to ensure that a new facility is balanced and achieves its commercial objective, but also to ensure that – where appropriate - a new facility harmonises correctly with any existing facilities. This demands corporate banking lawyers with a broad understanding of the corporate banking landscape, the many financing products and structures available, and the interplay between them.
We advise on and negotiate a broad range of corporate banking facilities and arrangements, including senior and mezzanine debt packages - whether for working capital or specific projects - asset-based lending, factoring and receivables financing, debt securities issues and hedging arrangements. We also have significant experience of dealing with refinancings, restructurings, work-outs, insolvency procedures and banking disputes. Our expertise extends to cross-border transactions, in relation to which we work closely with carefully selected specialist legal counsel in any non-English jurisdictions.
We act for banks and other lending institutions, as well as corporations, partnerships, individuals and other borrowers.
- Senior and mezzanine debt financings (syndicated and bilateral)
- Asset-based lending, receivables financings and factoring arrangements
- Debt securities
- Security and inter-creditor arrangements
- Refinancings and restructurings
- Work-outs and insolvency procedures
- Banking disputes
- Cross-border transactions
- Advising Bank of Ireland on a £151 million residential development club facility for City & Docklands Property Group.
- Advising Anglo Irish Bank in regard to loans to a number of its corporate borrowers including Caverwood Limited, Riding House Investments Limited, Manhattan Loft Corporation, Aylesbury Development Limited and Shrewsbury Construction Limited.
- Advising Anglo Irish Bank on the restructuring of loans to a number of corporate borrowers including Mount Anvil Holdings, Ethel Austin, the Hanson Group and Minos Europa. We also advised on the acceleration and guarantee enforcement of a shopping centre financing and on the restructuring of its £70 million development facilities for Mount Anvil Holdings.
- Advising KBC Bank on its book of loans to investment funds for leverage purposes.
- Advising on property acquisitions as well as multi-portfolio financings for clients such as Helical Bar plc and Bank of Ireland.