Laura is a Managing Associate in the Insolvency and Financial Defence group within the Dispute Resolution department.
Laura is an expert in insolvency and corporate recovery and has particular expertise in contentious and litigious matters. As well as acting for insolvency officeholders, Laura frequently acts for distressed companies, their creditors, directors, and other stakeholders affected by the financial difficulties.
Laura's experience includes advising individuals, companies and directors on the implementation or circumvention of insolvency procedures – including administration, liquidation and bankruptcy. She acts to defend and prosecute actions arising under the Insolvency Act 1986, including claims for the recovery of preferences and other antecedent transactions; misfeasance, wrongful and fraudulent trading; and actions to obtain information and/or assets pursuant to officeholders' statutory powers of enquiry (sections 234 to 236 of the Act). She also advises insolvency practitioners in relation to the conduct of formal insolvency procedures, including regulatory issues, trading, creditor claims, asset recovery and investigations. Laura also has a wealth of experience acting in relation to commercial and chancery disputes generally, and debt recovery.
Laura is a member of the R3 Association of Business Recovery Professionals and the Insolvency Lawyers' Association.
- Acting for the administrators of the companies that owned and operated the Caterham Formula One Team, in all aspects of the conduct of the administrations.
- Acting for liquidators in a contentious matter relating to a company incorporated in Luxembourg, which changed its centre of main interests to England & Wales and upon entering UK administration, was the subject of the UK's largest pre-packaged administration sale.
- Acting in relation to an application to place AirFast Tickets Limited into administration and thereafter acting for the administrators in relation to contentious and advisory matters.
- Acting for the administrators of a company concerned with mining of precious metals in relation to a litigation funding agreement for the enforcement of a $10m arbitration award.
- Acting for the liquidator of high-profile property development company, in relation to the conduct of the liquidation and investigations.
- Defending a claim for the recovery of alleged preference, transaction at undervalue and transaction defrauding creditors.
- Acting for a consortium of creditors in placing a company into administration and thereafter acting for the subsidiary company's liquidators in connection with investigations and creditor claims.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Charles Russell LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Veale Wasbrough Vizards
University of West of England, LPC (Distinction)
University of Reading, LLB (Hons) (First)
Articles and Publications
Laura is a contributing author to Tolley's Insolvency Law Service, a prestigious loose-leaf text published by Lexis Nexis. Laura writes on the topic of funding insolvency litigation.