Ed is a Partner in the Commercial Real Estate department, with specialist expertise in high value investment sales and acquisitions across all sectors and commercial and residential-led development projects, including student and PRS/build-to-rent schemes. He regularly advises on real estate finance transactions with a particular emphasis on development finance. In addition, Ed is experienced in landlord and tenant matters, particularly on significant pre-let agreements.
Ed acts for a broad spectrum of clients ranging from quoted corporates and UK and overseas property companies to developers, banks and private investors. His clients include O&H Properties, Derwent London Plc, Investec Bank Plc, Mansford LLP, PGIM Real Estate and specialist PRS investor and operator Fizzy Living. His recent highlights include acting for Fizzy Living on the circa £100 million forward funding and purchase of a 348 unit residential scheme at Silvertown Way in Canning Town. He has also led the firm's first deal for new client and co-working space provider, The Office Group.
- Acting for new client, The Office Group (TOG), who have agreed to take a 20-year lease of 68,600 sq. ft. office space at Meyer Bergman’s £300 million Borough Yards scheme on the site of the former Vinopolis wine bar. The development comprises a mixed use scheme of over 197,000 sq. ft., which takes in the Vinopolis venue and neighbouring sites in and around London Bridge’s Victorian railway arches.
- Advising O&H Properties on the acquisition, disposal, development and letting of a number of properties within their UK portfolio. This has included the redevelopment of 161-162 New Bond Street which, once completed, will be Christian Dior's flagship store in London and the redevelopment of the Podium Shopping Centre in Bath and the subsequent letting of the site to Waitrose Limited to create their new Waitrose At Home concept.
- Acting for Investec Bank on various acquisition and development finance facilities including the facility for the acquisition of the £750m development project called the 'Stage' in Shoreditch. The new scheme is expected to include a 40-storey residential tower, comprising 385 homes, two office buildings totalling 250,000 sq ft, and 50,000 sq ft of retail space. Other transactions have included advising Investec Bank and LaSalle Investment Management on the £52.5 million financing of new student accommodation in Corsham Street, east London; the £78 million residential development financing of 92-98 Portland Place and 8-14 Park Crescent, W1; and the acquisition financing of Hill House in Archway which will ultimately be redeveloped into a £65 million 141-unit residential scheme.
- Advising Derwent London PLC in relation to the acquisition, disposal, development and letting of a number of properties within their London portfolio including the redevelopment and pre-let of premises at Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street to the architects, MAKE Limited.
- Acting for specialist PRS investor and operator Fizzy Living on various forward funding schemes including the circa £100 million forward funding and purchase of a 348 unit residential scheme at Silvertown Way in Canning Town. The entire scheme will be developed through a joint venture between Galliford Try and Thames Valley Housing and when complete, the 2.1 hectare Silvertown Way site will have a GDV in the region of £360m and will deliver 1100 homes of mixed tenure across 11 blocks to include a hotel, gym, shops, offices and restaurants. We have also acted on the forward funding of two residential towers in Lewisham for £33.5 million which forms part of the larger Lewisham Gateway Scheme and which involves the complete redevelopment of Lewisham City Centre. Fizzy Living is one of the key operators and developers in the private rented sector.
- Advising Mansford LLP on the acquisitions of two UK-wide portfolios, collectively valued at more than £90 million. These comprise the Eagle portfolio, 22 multi-let industrial sites with a combined floor area of 1.6 million sq ft and over 200 tenants, and the Safari portfolio consisting of 23 pubs.
- Acting on various matters in connection with the development of the London 2012 Athletes Olympic Village and the sale of the 1,379 affordable homes for £268 million.
- Representing a UK property fund on the grant of the head lease of a £500 million mixed use development in Liverpool and on the subsequent £385 million refinancing.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Slaughter and May
Trainee, Slaughter and May
Nottingham Law School, LPC
University of Sheffield, LLB Law
Calday Grange Grammar School