Christopher is an Associate in the White Collar Crime & Investigations Group, with experience of acting for individuals and corporates facing regulatory or criminal investigation.
In recent years he has been involved in high profile investigations by authorities including the SFO, FCA, HMRC and NCA. He has experience in a range of cases concerning money laundering, corruption, fraud, market abuse and other financial crime. He also has experience of acting for corporates in the course of internal investigations, providing advice throughout the process. Christopher frequently acts in matters with a cross-border aspect and is also able to provide INTERPOL or extradition advice. He has a track record of successfully assisting clients in obtaining the removal of INTERPOL Red Notices.
Christopher was recognised by the Legal 500 2020 as 'impressive and approachable'. He is a committee member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and speaks and writes regularly on regulatory and white collar crime issues.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in respect of an internal investigation into allegations of criminal misconduct, including advising on subsequent remedial actions
- Advising senior individuals in relation to a high profile Electoral Commission investigation into alleged EU referendum offences
- Representing a senior individual in respect of an SFO investigation into alleged fraud, money laundering and false accounting by a UK Plc and others
- Representing senior Middle East politicians in respect of repeated politically motivated requests for INTERPOL Red Notices
- Acting for a UK national charged in corruption investigations in Brazil and Panama, providing advice on criminal liability and extradition
- Defending a UK individual subject to a cross-border HMRC investigation into alleged systemic VAT fraud, including representation and advice on restraint and confiscation
- Advising a US-based Co-Founder of a London hedge fund in respect of an FCA/SEC investigation into alleged market abuse
- Advising a multinational corporation on their UK office in respect of the application of money laundering measures and the Bribery Act 2010
- Acting for a BVI corporate in a successful judicial review of the City of London Police for unlawful detention of $21m
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP
Trainee, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP
Articles and Publications