Christopher is a Managing Associate with experience of acting for individuals and corporates facing regulatory or criminal investigation. In recent years he has been involved in a range of sensitive and high profile investigations by authorities including the SFO, FCA, HMRC and NCA. He has particular expertise in money laundering, bribery, fraud and civil recovery proceedings. In 2020, he successfully acted for the respondents in the largest Unexplained Wealth Order case to date.
In addition to enforcement experience, Christopher regularly provides advice to corporates on a range of issues, including compliance procedures. He also has experience of conducting internal investigations across various matters for organisations ranging from FTSE 100 companies to charitable bodies.
Christopher has been recognised in the Legal 500 on a number of occasions, described as 'impressive and approachable'. He is a committee member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and speaks and writes regularly on regulatory and white collar crime matters.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in respect of an internal investigation into allegations of criminal misconduct, including advising on subsequent remedial actions
- Advising senior individuals in relation to a high profile Electoral Commission investigation into alleged EU referendum offences
- Representing a senior individual in respect of an SFO investigation into alleged fraud, money laundering and false accounting by a UK Plc and others
- Representing senior Middle East politicians in respect of repeated politically motivated requests for INTERPOL Red Notices
- Acting for a UK national charged in corruption investigations in Brazil and Panama, providing advice on criminal liability and extradition
- Defending a UK individual subject to a cross-border HMRC investigation into alleged systemic VAT fraud, including representation and advice on restraint and confiscation
- Advising a US-based Co-Founder of a London hedge fund in respect of an FCA/SEC investigation into alleged market abuse
- Advising a multinational corporation on their UK office in respect of the application of money laundering measures and the Bribery Act 2010
- Acting for a BVI corporate in a successful judicial review of the City of London Police for unlawful detention of $21m
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP
Trainee, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP