Polly is an Associate in the White-Collar Crime and Investigations Team.
Polly has experience of high-profile investigations involving the Serious Fraud Office, Department of Justice, National Crime Agency and the Police. Polly has worked on cases involving cross-jurisdictional elements and has defended clients facing investigations into global fraud, bribery and money laundering. Polly also has experience advising individuals on extradition proceedings and sanctions.
Polly trained at the Firm before qualifying into the White-Collar Crime and Investigations department and has previously advised clients on matters relating to art law, civil fraud, purpose-litigation as well as other ESG-related matters.
Polly is a member of the Female Fraud Forum, the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and the Firm's Disability Equity Committee.
- Acting for the Kingdom of Sweden in pursuit of fraud claims under Maltese and Swedish law seeking in excess of €115 million.
- Acting for the first and main defendant in one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases for 2020, and one of the largest disputes ever before the Commercial Court, involving alleged secret commissions in the Middle East and Europe.
- Acting for an individual in an SFO investigation into bribery and money laundering offences.
- Acting for an individual in an internal investigation into overseas bribery to foreign officials in India and Dubai.
- Acting for an individual seeking to overturn a DPA entered into by the SFO and their former employer.
- Acting for an individual under investigation by the NCA, in connection with an alleged money laundering scheme estimated to be worth £30 million.
- Acting on an extradition matter for a Ukrainian/British client subject to a politically motivated criminal investigation in Russia.
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Latymer Upper School
University of Bristol, Geography
BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course
Articles and Publications
"The Rise in Cryptocurrency Donations - Supporting Charities and its Implications" - Editorial in Philanthropy Impact Magazine
"The Role of Law in Driving Sustainability" – Law.com