Andrew is a Partner in the Corporate department and a recognised expert in international cross border M&A and private equity transactions. His work embraces a wide range of industries but has a particular focus in financial technology, software and e-commerce, recruitment, real estate and automotive industries. He works with wide range of business types from successful entrepreneurs to multinational corporations.
Andrew regularly represents clients who specialise in financial technology, software, SaaS, IaaS and other high tech services, communication services companies, private equity firms and financial institutions.
He also has a proven track record of working with multinational clients and acting as a “trusted adviser” in relation to transactions in multiple jurisdictions including divestitures, recapitalisations, joint ventures and strategic alliances, venture capital and private equity transactions (including management buyouts and minority investments) and acting for management teams.
Andrew has been recognised by Legal 500 as a Leading Individual in Private Equity with clients describing him as "experienced, exceptionally client-focused and really on your side."
- Advised litigation funder Therium Capital Management Limited ("Therium") on a market-transforming £200 million private fundraising to invest in the costs of large-scale commercial litigation, group litigation and global arbitration.
- Acting for the management of Phase One, the world's leading camera manufacturer, in relation to the equity arrangements on the MBO of Phase One by Silverfleet Capital.
- Acting for Canouan Development Corporation Limited in relation to the buyout of a joint venture partner and new joint venture arrangements relating to the ownership and development of the Island of Canouan in St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Advising Bessel Capital International in connection with numerous strategic acquisitions.
- Advising Lab49 Consulting Holdings Limited in relation to potential strategic acquisition and divestiture opportunities.
- Advised Capman Plc. (a quoted Finnish Private Equity Fund) in connection with the sale of IT2 Treasury Solutions Group with operations in the UK, US and Denmark to Wall Street Systems Inc.
- Advised Shareholders of the Perenco Group in connection with significant multi-jurisdictional de-merger
- Advising Therium Capital Management Limited in relation to UK, US and Offshore Fund structures for Litigation Funding investments
- Advising Waratek Limited (a leading SaaS and IaaS provider headquartered in Dublin) on numerous Private Equity funding rounds.
- Advised Affinia Group Inc. in connection with the acquisition of European Filtration Limited.
- Advised Darwin Recruitment Group in connection with Private Equity Investment by Benula Capital.
- Advised Test Plant Limited in connection with the acquisition of Facilita Limited.
- Advising Limited Brands Inc., the owner and licensor of the La Senza brand (in connection with the acquisition of La Senza UK out of administration by M.H. Alshaya from Lion Capital)
- Advising Scottish Equity Partners (the UK's leading growth equity and venture capital investor for innovative companies) and Business Growth Fund on their £20 million co-investment of growth capital in SkyDox Limited and the associated acquisition of Workshare Limited.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE TRANSACTIONS
- Advised Dana Corporation in connection with the divestiture of global Automotive Aftermarket businesses to Affinia Group Inc., an affiliate of The Cypress Group for US$1.1 billion.
- Advised Dana Corporation in relation to Chapter 11 proceedings in the US a significant pan-European restructuring and the sale of a number of non-core businesses.
- Advised Dover Corporation in relation to its acquisition of specialist tanker and dry-bulk tanker manufacturer Heil Trailer International Ltd
- Advised Dover Corporation in relation to its acquisition of Syfer Technology Ltd
- Advised Dover Corporation in relation to its acquisition of Compressor Valve Engineering Ltd
- Advised Triton Systems of Delaware Inc. in relation to its acquisition of Cash Point Machines plc.
- Advised Triton Systems of Delaware Inc. in relation to its acquisition of Infocash Ltd
- Advised Triton Systems of Delaware Inc. in relation to its acquisition of Cash Services Limited.
- Advised Dana Corporation in relation to the Sale of Dana’s LIPE Clutch Business to Setco Automotive Limited (India)
- Advised Dana Corporation in relation to the sale of the business of Automotive Motion Technology Limited to Beuhler GmbH
- Advised Dover Corporation in relation to its acquisition of St. Neots Sheet Metal Company Ltd
- Advised Dover Corporation in relation to its sale of Perfect Bore Ltd
- Advised Dover Corporation in relation to its sale of Triton Europe Limited