Stephanie is a Managing Associate in the Singapore office.
She advises on cross-border succession and wealth structuring for high net worth and ultra high net worth international individuals and families, with particular expertise in UK tax and cross-border estate planning. Stephanie has extensive experience with advising on UK property structuring, cross-border estate and wealth planning, the creation, tax treatment and governance of trusts across multiple jurisdictions, the preparation of Wills covering assets in multiple jurisdictions, and UK residence and domicile issues.
She is a member of Mishcon's Luxury Assets Group and leads the Mishcon Women in Wealth Group which supports female holders of private wealth and their advisers. Stephanie holds the STEP Advanced Certificate in UK Tax for International Clients and is an affiliate member of STEP. She was recently listed in the Private Client Global Elite Directory 2022/23 for Singapore. Stephanie sits on the Women in Business Committee for the Singapore British Chamber of Commerce and on the Education and Events sub-committee for STEP Singapore.
Stephanie is a partner of the WealthiHer network.
- Provided cross-border succession and structuring advice following the death of an UHNW individual who held assets across multiple jurisdictions and structures in the context of a dispute between family members as to the succession of the estate.
- Assisted an UHNW individual on their cross-border succession planning in light of a politically sensitive dispute, including advice on how the ongoing dispute would affect the devolution of their estate and the impact it would have on their beneficiaries.
- Advised on the UK tax implications for a Singapore trust structure with UK resident beneficiaries.
- Advised an internationally mobile family on the tax-efficiency of a historic (more than 40 years) offshore trust structure.
- Advised a UK resident non-domiciled settlor of an offshore trust on the UK tax treatment and subsequent restructuring of various loan and investment arrangements within the trust structure.
- Advising Asian based individuals and families on UK real estate structuring, tax, and compliance.
- Assisting numerous UHNW internationally mobile individuals and families with cross-border estate planning, including Wills and incapacity arrangements, succession, tax, and probate.
- Pre-arrival planning advice for UHNW individuals relocating to the UK.
- UK tax advice for non-UK resident and non-UK domiciled individuals.
- Advising on the creation of trusts across multiple jurisdictions as part of general estate planning, wealth structuring and asset protection advice.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Stevens & Bolton LLP
Solicitor, Macfarlanes LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Macfarlanes LLP
University of Leeds, Law LLM (Senior Status)
University of Leeds, English BA (Hons)