Richard is one of the longest serving senior Partners of the firm, including tenure as Head of Corporate and Management Board member for 8 years until 2010. He is an expert in corporate finance and M&A, acting for PLCs, funds, corporates and high profile entrepreneurs across the real estate, tech, finance, fashion and leisure industries.
Working principally alongside Executive Chairperson, Kevin Gold, Chief Financial Officer, Matt Hotson and Chief Strategy Officer, Nick West, Richard brings his wide-ranging commercial and transactional experience to focus on MDR Group businesses and strategic growth opportunities. These include the litigation financing venture MDR Solutions I, the merger with Taylor Vinters and the Hong Kong association with Karas So LLP.
Other recent projects include acquiring a multi-office brand management business in South East Asia for MDR Brand Management; collaboration agreements with strategic partners; and working closely with the leadership team on all aspects of MDR Lab, the firm's legal-tech incubator programme.
- Advising one of Israel's largest real estate investment holding companies, Alony Hetz Properties and Investments, on the acquisition of real estate investment advisers, Brockton Capital LLP and the establishment of a new real estate investment company, Brockton Everlast Inc. with an initial equity investment of £340m from Alony Hetz.
- Advising Helical plc on the disposal of its retirement villages portfolio to Legal & General for £102 million.
- Acting for Peanut App Limited on its seed 2 funding, with the round being led by Sweet Capital (the founders of King Digital Entertainment). Other funds involved in the round were Female Founders Fund, Greycroft Partners and Sound Ventures (founded by Ashton Kutcher), together with existing funds NEA, Felix Capital and Partech Ventures.
- Advising QBS Holdings on the sale of Quotient Bioresearch Group Limited to Pharmaron Beijing Co Ltd
- Advising Allied Commercial Exporters on corporate, real estate and finance related matters
- Advising Auriens on corporate, real estate and IP matters
- Advising Fenton Whelan Limited on the share purchase and subscription by West One Holdings Limited
- Advising Siahaf on corporate, real estate and financing matters
- Advising Stylus Media Group Limited on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Acre White Limited
- Advising Z Hotels on its corporate reorganisation
- Advising Zesty Limited, providers of an online healthcare booking platform, on its latest fundraising round
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Assistant, Gouldens (now Jones Day)
Qualified, Titmuss Sainer & Webb (now Dechert)